Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My list is all boomer stuff for..reasons. Also, not in any order

The Who
ELO
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Heart
ZZ Top
The Beatles
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Van Halen
The Eagles
The Doors

If we were adding in individuals then sub in Roy Orbison, Joan Jett and Ray Charles in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

redshirt posted:

What's your single favorite Van Halen song?
Jump is such a joyful shot of adrenaline it's hard to argue against it but Happy Trails makes me smile every time I hear it. The Lee Roth version of the band was a perfect blend of psychosis and skill. Every single hair band in the 80's wanted to be Van Halen. Even Van Halen, eventually.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

redshirt posted:

I hate that "song". We can argue about it if you like, but I suspect you won't. So I wish you well and good night.

Are you being pissy about Jump or Happy Trails?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

redshirt posted:

Happy Trails and I was being all pissy and weird and I apologize.

I have no deeply serious attachments to Happy Trail. It reminds me of going to Hastings and being there until it closes. Plus their having fun with it.

I keep wanting to add to the top ten list. Maybe categorize it? Top ten classic rock. Top ten eighties bands. Top ten singer songwriters. Etc...