Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

The scrapped watchman boss is as good as a top level souls boss imo

Most of them are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Most of them are.

I just got to champion victor before ending today's session. It has stolen so much from Bloodborne but honestly has done it all better. The combat is better, all the bosses are significantly better, and the enemy types especially midge onward are all much better.

I do wish it had stolen Bloodborne's no weight limit though. Has anyone ever used both weapon slots in these games when it means you'll lose your fast roll. Plus you just use whichever weapon is best at the time. If I'm fighting puppets I use the electric mace and if it's organic I use my cool boss scythe. Being able to have both slotted would just remove menu busywork imo. Even keep the weight limit but just have it count the active weapon slot.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I just got to champion victor before ending today's session. It has stolen so much from Bloodborne but honestly has done it all better. The combat is better, all the bosses are significantly better, and the enemy types especially midge onward are all much better.

I do wish it had stolen Bloodborne's no weight limit though. Has anyone ever used both weapon slots in these games when it means you'll lose your fast roll. Plus you just use whichever weapon is best at the time. If I'm fighting puppets I use the electric mace and if it's organic I use my cool boss scythe. Being able to have both slotted would just remove menu busywork imo. Even keep the weight limit but just have it count the active weapon slot.

I've always just used the one slot. In the p organ where you can gain extra weapons slots I released my gamer chortle knowing it just padding to add options to the progression tree.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

I've always just used the one slot. In the p organ where you can gain extra weapons slots I released my gamer chortle knowing it just padding to add options to the progression tree.

Had the exact same chuckle over the belt options lol. I already have 6 quick slots! I'm very glad that you can put on a cool outfit entirely separate from armour/weight. I like less this much worse haircut that has been foisted on me. I also really like what they did with the painting lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Had the exact same chuckle over the belt options lol. I already have 6 quick slots! I'm very glad that you can put on a cool outfit entirely separate from armour/weight. I like less this much worse haircut that has been foisted on me. I also really like what they did with the painting lol

you can go to the upgrade chair and change it back unless that's a NG+ only thing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nice I’ll check later. Assuming it doesn’t affect any plot stuff to revert it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Nice I’ll check later. Assuming it doesn’t affect any plot stuff to revert it?

it's just cosmetic afaik, I spent all of NG+ with long hair

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The swamp monster, remix of puppet master, and black rabbits remix is such a disappointing run of bosses. It sucks taking two excellent bosses and one pushover and just making them incredibly fail. The latter was a perfect multiple bosses fight previously and is now the worst kind of gank squad boss. Had considered this my favourite souls like including fromsfoft stuff but this is such a let down of the final 1/4 that it's souring me a bit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skill issue.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They're three of the weakest bosses in the games, they're just unsatisfying to beat compared to the harder ones.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

On my second playthrough (not NG+) I actually enjoyed the second black rabbits fight a lot more and one-shot it, but it seems like the AI can also do some really wacky things, and maybe summoning manages to make it harder because of that

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

yep

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Martman posted:

On my second playthrough (not NG+) I actually enjoyed the second black rabbits fight a lot more and one-shot it, but it seems like the AI can also do some really wacky things, and maybe summoning manages to make it harder because of that

I havne't used the summons

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I havne't used the summons

New issue diagnosed: Too loving based.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

----------------

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That is the most incredible post credits sequel hook I've ever seen lmfao

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lol yep

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really liked the Pluto reference when I met the king of riddles and it’s literally Brau-1589. It makes sense considering Gepetto is literally Dr. Tenma and P is Astroboy. Definitely didn’t expect that hidden boss fight. I never trusted Gepetto one bit though

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lol yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NG+ letting you understand what the boss puppets are saying is cool. Romeooooo no I’m so sorry. Finding out the dialogue in the cathedral before you get to the bridge battle “the king say to fight them and save the humans” was great. The cutscene leading into the battle with the King is really cool. I’d originally assumed it was showing how Geppeto made P from his son. Realising it was a warning about the future was cool. Also I’d totally forgotten the king offers P his hand and gets it knocked away. Then he spends the whole fight asking you to help. You also find a document way earlier in the Malum district with an unknown child (Carlo) asking Romeo not to draw on his cool stalker poster. Great stuff imo.