Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

goferchan posted:

You can still use the handle mods to change scaling on boss weapons, I assumed you couldn't at first

ya i had figured this out eventually too but it looks like they only ever get as far as D scaling for advance which makes it hard to compete with the regular weapons that can go as far as S. not a big deal tho cus i’m prob just gonna go Two Dragons sword forever. the parry and being able to dodge while attacking feels too good to give up.

on NG+ and lol the cop robots dialogue once you’re able to understand it is sad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Heard you could steal the nose off the portrait of Dorian Gray and use it as a weapon in this game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sounds like a spoiler to me. Mods?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Troutful is merely providing details. It's up to you to decide if it's the truth or a lie.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
it's a spoiler, launch the nukes on his rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i havent played yet but kill to be on the safe side imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

honestly i think ive just got some bloodlust though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i havent played yet but kill to be on the safe side imo

Same and done.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was going to maybe start this next week but i'm worried it won't hit the same now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oddium posted:

was going to maybe start this next week but i'm worried it won't hit the same now

It will. It's really good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

okay. i'm going to start this next week

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it's a good game but i'm not feeling very soulsy atm

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Joan posted:

I heard the parry window is too tight

in the voice of a victorian era street tough that might possibly be named two dagger thomas or back-alley jeffrey: anything else you might know of whats nice and tight, lovey? hyehahaha!

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

in the voice of a victorian era street tough that might possibly be named two dagger thomas or back-alley jeffrey: anything else you might know of whats nice and tight, lovey? hyehahaha!

Lmao

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Laxasia has got it going on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Was too pissed off to get horny.

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

American McGay posted:

imagine being like this lol

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Little dick can't get hard? Little pee pee can't squirt cuz you'we angwy??? LOL. loving pathetic.

----------------

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

Laxasia has got it going on

parrying the projectiles in that fight feels so good

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Hizke posted:

imagine being like this lol

Hes literally smithers to TLD's burns

----------------

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's projectiles ??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

Lmao

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Low-t and gamer skill issue, brutal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hizke posted:

insane anime posted:

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That jester puppet in the arcade basement scared me so bad

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

goferchan posted:

That jester puppet in the arcade basement scared me so bad

get out of the house and call the police, we don't have a jester puppet in the arcade basement

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

insane anime posted:

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Like two hours in and enjoying it. Picked up the tonitrus style weapon and it owns. Also really like the shinobi arm tool that drags dickhead archers into melee range. Lots of great qol ideas like dress up and armour being separate. Don’t see why I can’t pause though.

Think I’ve a decent idea what all the stats govern and mean by now. Is there a respec option? Don’t really know what weapons will be good to use and don’t won’t to end up locked into a diffuse build before I get to grips with stuff.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
there's is one but unlocks down the line, maybe over the half way mark

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

there's is one but unlocks down the line, maybe over the half way mark

Cool! That should be fine I think. I do wish all souls likes had to call their stats the same stuff lol.

The tonitrus has three stat scaling including Advance which I assume is Int and hadn’t planned to invest much in. Not sure how common triple stat scaling will be atm

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There are items you can use to adjust the stat scaling for a particular weapon too, but they're pretty rare (maybe limited per playthrough?)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

There are items you can use to adjust the stat scaling for a particular weapon too, but they're pretty rare (maybe limited per playthrough?)

yeah there's a limited amount but there's a lot per playthrough.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What do blue damage numbers indicate when I hit enemies? I've started getting them since using the lightning maul. I assume it means they're weak to a damage type I'm using just not sure if it's due to Blunt or it just indicates shock damage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

What do blue damage numbers indicate when I hit enemies? I've started getting them since using the lightning maul. I assume it means they're weak to a damage type I'm using just not sure if it's due to Blunt or it just indicates shock damage.

it's the electric blitz damage you get from after using the fable art.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kild posted:

it's the electric blitz damage you get from after using the fable art.

I haven't really been using the fable art so I guess it's just the regular blitz damage. That makes sense. Just met the puppets who are like the Ashina swordsmen and are great for practising perfect guards. Really like the set-up of perfect guard, guard regain, and dodging. Feel there's been so many of the ghoul style enemies excited to get to the enemies that really push the mechanics.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oh you're talking about electric coil? then yeah it has innate electric damage.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The second boss definitely felt like a good ‘perfect guard’ skill check. Timing on combo ‘perfect guards’ is pretty nasty though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The scrapped watchman boss is as good as a top level souls boss imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
I just fought champion victor and that poo poo was brutal. Tbf though I’m just smashing with sword and not using any game mechanics.

am I seriously only halfway drat!