Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
There isn’t a red one so probably not

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Peggy Edson posted:

can't imagine owning a crapple op

every time I try to do something simple with my partners iPhone it's always in some dumb unintuitive place

How I feel when I use Android

It's almost like the one you're used to is easier to figure out!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

How I feel when I use Android

It's almost like the one you're used to is easier to figure out!

Can you succinctly explain why having a single button is better ui design than multiple buttons

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
no I won't but thanks for asking OP, riding this phone out till it just doesn't turn on anymore

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

satanic splash-back posted:

Can you succinctly explain why having a single button is better ui design than multiple buttons

The back function is built into the apps. The other functions are built into the swipe gestures along with the ability to go to the previous app. It takes minutes to get used to and is exactly as functional. This feels like a complaint from 2010 when the home button only went home. Only the iPhone SE even has the home button anymore.

Tech illiterate boomers can figure out either OS just fine, but it's awesome to see goons in 2023 still making "I prefer Android" a big part of their identity.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 14, 2023

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yes, my wife is getting one because she has a 3-4yr old iPhone 11 that now has the battery life of a Sega Game Gear. I will not be getting one because I don't swing off Tim Cook's balls.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Kirk Vikernes posted:

the battery life of a Sega Game Gear.

I'm stealing that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

I'm stealing that.

Careful. It starts with a game gear here and there but before you know it you'll end up like Aard stealing a cargo container of tins of Altoids. loving toided out mess.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Literally A Person posted:

Careful. It starts with a game gear here and there but before you know it you'll end up like Aard stealing a cargo container of tins of Altoids. loving toided out mess.

Should have stolen a giant potato, there's good eating on those

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the phone wars rage on... .

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
haters in shambles sending messages in green bubbles

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I don't need an iPhone, I just look up phone specifications and find one that does what I need for usually about 1/3 the price and own it outright. I like Android because I can install the apps I want on it.

The iPhone is literally a social anxiety purchase. If you're an impressionable teen this may be a problem for you, if you're an adult that's pretty sad and weird.

But I'm sure you can all find excuses for needing a $2000 phone you pay for on a plan with interest and never use most of its power or functions.

Wee fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 14, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wee posted:

I don't need an iPhone, I just look up phone specifications and find one that does what I need for usually about 1/3 the price and own it outright. I like Android because I can install the apps I want on it.

The iPhone is literally a social anxiety purchase. If you're an impressionable teen this may be a problem for you, if you're an adult that's pretty sad and weird.

Or people like things that work well together and that is a value to them. If you have an iPad(s), iPhone(s), Mac(s), Apple TV(s), Airpod(')s and buy supported products like ones that support AirPrint, Time Machine, Homekit, and Airplay, you pretty much know it is just going to loving work.

And this extends to other products as well, when I plug my iPhone into my Car, Carplay automatically pops up and presents a coherent interface that I know how it works regardless of whatever fuckery the car maker is doing.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
but no, i will not buy the new iphone, op. because i know someone who will buy it because they're an idiot and they will also probably give me their iphone 14 (junk now, no good, the 15 is coming out) also because they are an idiot.

then i will also sell the iphone 12 this person gave me when they got the 14. because while i, also, am an idiot, i am a resourceful one.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The new iphone can run resident evil 4 remake apparently. I'm sure everyone is excited to play RE4 on a phone.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I'm getting one because my iPhone 11 PRO MAX is on its last leg and I have been holding out for a USB-C iPhone for as long as I could. Truth be told if it wasn't for the lovely lightning connector, the cracked screen and lack of magsafe I'd probably try to hold on a bit longer.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

vaginite posted:

Steve jobs was right, not about cancer treatment options, but about big phones being lovely. The standard size, like chemo, is the best.

The first smart phone I owned was an iPhone 4s, and man was that thing perfect in size and weight. No one needed to improve upon phones that size; it was a good phone.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
Android phones and iPhones are basically the same hth

But a well-done fingerprint reader is objectively better than this stupid Face ID bullshit

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Three Olives posted:

Or people like things that work well together and that is a value to them. If you have an iPad(s), iPhone(s), Mac(s), Apple TV(s), Airpod(')s and buy supported products like ones that support AirPrint, Time Machine, Homekit, and Airplay, you pretty much know it is just going to loving work.

And this extends to other products as well, when I plug my iPhone into my Car, Carplay automatically pops up and presents a coherent interface that I know how it works regardless of whatever fuckery the car maker is doing.

Airplay is cool but it needs to let you play movies when the car is in park.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I guess being trapped into one brands ecosystem is an unfortunate excuse.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Three Olives posted:

lmao a legitimate "baw gawd them thar new fangled gizmos is jus too durn complicated"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Pixel 4a 5g was the best pixel.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

lmao a legitimate "baw gawd them thar new fangled gizmos is jus too durn complicated"

I can almost certainly promise you that my home has more embedded tech than like 99% of the planet, my kitchen alone has two Windows 10 PCs, I currently have 74 devices on my home network.

Sometimes you just want to print something or play Spotify in your car.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Three Olives posted:

I can almost certainly promise you that my home has more embedded tech than like 99% of the planet, my kitchen alone has two Windows 10 PCs, I currently have 74 devices on my home network.

Sometimes you just want to print something or play Spotify in your car.

this is also not the flex you think it is

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I think it's a bit

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Probably not. I got the 14 pro recently and it’s nice

Maybe wait a few years

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

this is also not the flex you think it is

It's not an flex, it's an indictment that even I won't deal with such a lovely "ecosystem".

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wee posted:

Yeah I guess being trapped into one brands ecosystem is an unfortunate excuse.

You think an iPhone costs $2000 lol

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I don't own a cell phone and never will. If I have to communicate long distances I simply wait for the dead of night to throw large rocks at trees like Sasquatch. I have a big rock 6 Xs+.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Only if they include a photo of the slave who assembled it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

iWon't.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
do they still insist on referring to it as "iphone" and not "the iphone"

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Yes, my wife is getting one because she has a 3-4yr old iPhone 11 that now has the battery life of a Sega Game Gear. I will not be getting one because I don't swing off Tim Cook's balls.

If that's how you feel, have you tried asking your wife to let go of those balls?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
found out my iPhone 12 has ball blasting radiation

done a pre-preorder for the 15 pro come at me titanium

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Hammerite posted:

do they still insist on referring to it as "iphone" and not "the iphone"

Car companies started doing this years ago, and I hate it. "Lease Altima today!" like its a lifestyle or something. #bigaltimaenergy

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

itry posted:

If that's how you feel, have you tried asking your wife to let go of those balls?

She knows how I feel about Apple, but I don't feel strongly enough to go all "e/n Chick-fil-A sauce guy" on her about it. She can keep her MacBook, iPhone, ipad, airpods, apple watch, and the two ipods that are in the junk drawer.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
apple fanatics are so exhausting. They're the MAGA of consumers.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ProperCoochie posted:

apple fanatics are so exhausting. They're the MAGA of consumers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
yeah who wants a secure device

hey samsung/SK govt here have my data whoop let’s throw TikTok on too