Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Crystal Thenis posted:

yeah who wants a secure device

hey samsung/SK govt here have my data whoop let’s throw TikTok on too

tech companies don't care about your security my man, even if they say they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Peggy Edson posted:

tech companies don't care about your security my man, even if they say they do

I will still chose the western closed system that I can see is giving me better tools to stop other tech companies from getting my data, and right now it’s apple

samsung = south korean government. it is shocking to see people on the internet in 2023 who still don’t realise this.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ah yes those western companies that definitely don't work directly with the us government

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
iOS has definitely never had any NSA backdoors installed in them. (This statement works whether talking about Cisco or Apple}

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Most of the tiktok install base that I personally know are iPhone users. I only know one android user with it installed but almost all the iPhone users I know have tiktok

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I saved a lot of money on diapers when i switched to iPhone in 2020 because it doesn’t have the feature android phones do that makes you start making GBS threads and pissing yourself when you find out someone has an iPhone

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Peggy Edson posted:

ah yes those western companies that definitely don't work directly with the us government

you know that samsung is a subsidiary of the SK govt right?

wish we were still using Nokia but here we are 🤷‍♂️

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Crystal Thenis you don't have to display your stupidity so hard.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
So tired of these phone wars

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
I prefer android

:smuggo:

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Saalkin posted:

Crystal Thenis you don't have to display your stupidity so hard.

chaebol defence force

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I prefer to give my data directly to the CCP and that's why I chose Huawei.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

ProperCoochie posted:

apple fanatics are so exhausting. They're the MAGA of consumers.

The cliche apple fanboy hardly exists anymore and in real life people hardly give a poo poo or think about the products they are buying or what others are buying. There are far more contrarian nerds raging about apple than there are apple fanatics.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Triikan posted:

Car companies started doing this years ago, and I hate it. "Lease Altima today!" like its a lifestyle or something. #bigaltimaenergy

vp of marketing for a white goods company driven to orgasm by the sight of an ad for his company's new fridge that refers to the model without using a definite article

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I have an android, my SO has an iphone.
We haven't killed each other yet.

Checkmate phone war argument.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I have an android phone because it was way, way cheaper than iphone and also i don't personally need any of the fancy expensive features (which i dont even know what they are)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i got nothing against android other than it being a janky rear end pile of trash like every single google product

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aw hell nah!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lol this dumb therad

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

lol this dumb therad

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Buce posted:

lol this dumb therad

That's our Buce!

*studio audience laughs*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

That's our Buce!

*studio audience laughs*
IX_XIV_MCMLXXIII Universal City Productions

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kirk Vikernes posted:

She knows how I feel about Apple, but I don't feel strongly enough to go all "e/n Chick-fil-A sauce guy" on her about it. She can keep her MacBook, iPhone, ipad, airpods, apple watch, and the two ipods that are in the junk drawer.

But who's counting

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

My Spirit Otter posted:

lmao a legitimate "baw gawd them thar new fangled gizmos is jus too durn complicated"

I've legit had good experiences with apple airprint Just Working. I got a low end macbook air to be a mobile microsoft office machine and printing on it Just Works every time I've used it without me doing anything at all.

By contrast, every time my mom visits she wants to print something for some reason and I've never been able to get her lenovo win10 laptop to print on my brother laser printer for reasons I've never been able to figure out. And in my experience windows print spooler frequently softlocks for inexplicable reasons on every windows machine I've used going back to win 98. :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just cancelled a US Cellular account and I couldn't believe how fast they ditched me. I assumed there'd be some begging.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

ProperCoochie posted:

apple fanatics are so exhausting. They're the MAGA of consumers.

Does that make Amiga users LaRuochites?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Walled garden made for babies poo poo like apple is why people dont use things like Winamp anymore

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wee posted:

Walled garden made for babies poo poo like apple is why people dont use things like Winamp anymore

Have you seen how scary winamp skins are?
https://skins.webamp.org/skin/4b6f6251c3790286c0074b50d414b4d6/Happy_Halloween.wsz/

I wouldn't use it either.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Wee posted:

It really whipped the llama's rear end

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

You Are A Elf posted:

The first smart phone I owned was an iPhone 4s, and man was that thing perfect in size and weight. No one needed to improve upon phones that size; it was a good phone.

I always felt the same way, but the other day I dug up my old 4S, installed a new battery in it, and filled it with music* to use as an iPod in my old truck.

Holy poo poo is the tiny screen real estate limiting, as well as the itty-bitty onscreen keypad. I don’t even use the XL phones as my daily driver, just the standard size iPhones. I now think the 4S was the poo poo back in the day, but phones that small just don’t work for anything but music & voice anymore.

*gently caress ITunes right in the rear end, without lube

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
No my iphone isnt broke so I don't need a new one thank you for asking

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

My work ships a new one every year if you ask for it on the company IT portal. Still running the iPhone I got five years ago when I started this job.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Wee posted:

i can't tell if this is a pro or anti apple post

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
When the ZenFone 10 drops in price ill prob grab one, last Good Phone that is 'small' these days.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

I find that it’s a real time saver to just press the special button whenever I need to “Mainframe” on my phone.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Bad Purchase posted:

i got nothing against android other than it being a janky rear end pile of trash like every single google product

very true

all smartphones are poo poo too

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The cliche apple fanboy hardly exists anymore and in real life people hardly give a poo poo or think about the products they are buying or what others are buying. There are far more contrarian nerds raging about apple than there are apple fanatics.

I was going to reply like a wiseass but you know what, now I'm thinking, I never see Apple logo stickers as a badge of honor anymore. Like the people putting it on their bumper or rear windshield, on their not-Mac laptop or phone case, or somewhere in their cubicle or workdesk where everybody could see. Those little white apple stickers were everywhere in nyc and it's suburbs like 13 years ago. So many people trying so hard to let everybody know. I wonder if high schoolers even care anymore

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't see why anyone normal would care what brand your phone is anyway

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

I don't see why anyone normal would care what brand your phone is anyway

If you don't think they do, it's because you don't have an apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux