Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
pulling up to your interview in your 696HP drag car seems like a good way to make an impression tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
mark where the distributor body is pointing (usually the vacuum advance canister is a convenient pointer, if you have one of those on a race car), mark where the rotor is pointing while the distributor is in, then mark where it rotates to when you pull it due to the helical gears. then yeah you might be able to get it close to where it was, fine tune with a timing light.

also, shine a flashlight down there so you can see which way the oil pump drive slot is facing, line it up the same way so the distributor can engage it afterwards. (are they slotted like a chevy?)

i would probably not want to deal with all that and would probably just crank it with the plugs out until i got oil pressure, but my engines probably have at least one fewer zero than yours on the pricetag.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

two_beer_bishes posted:

I flushed it to get as much of that crud out as possible.

Also

:woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBg696ieF8k

Edit:

Interior view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1shKyjCtM

I can't believe how loud this loving thing is. I'll have to get an actual exhaust installed at some point!

gotta take the shorts part out of the url for the second one.

anyway, christ that sounds good. it's really got some compression! snap crackle pop!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow dude good job, sounds amazing I'm super jealous lol

Can't wait to see the burnout videos :)

i think he'd be able to make a burnout video by just dropping it into drive at idle, lol

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
if you're going to leave it like that for a while, maybe use some bailing wire or something to take some of the weight off. couple wraps around the muffler and crossmember or something. they're probably light enough to cantilever, but why put undue stress on those header bolts?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
why sell it? i assume the kit car is of a sports car of some kind, so that should slot into a different spot in the lineup than a drag car. hell, even if it doesn't, then you can afford to be rowdier with em cause you have a spare if you blow one up.

hopefully once you have it a bit more set up for the street, you'll get too used to driving it around and not want to ditch it anytime soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that's all the more reason to hang onto it, though. if they're expensive, you can't ever get another one.