Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I'm not sure, but that evacuator line (or its predecessor!) from the valve cover looks like it could have melted off on the header. Doubt that woulda blasted THAT much oil out, but still it needs a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

two_beer_bishes posted:

I scratched at that with my fingernail and it barely felt raised so it might just be residue from a sticker or something, no idea.

Yeah it does look pretty rectangular.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

two_beer_bishes posted:

From what I can tell the cars of this era didn't usually come with expansion/overflow tanks, and this is an aftermarket radiator, but should something be hooked up to this?

At that point it's more of an overflow, or at least that's how it is on my old 50's Chevy truck. However, that also has a large tank on the top of the radiator, so that the empty volume when cold doesn't take volume from the finned area. On your vehicle, it seems like you should have an expansion tank so that you don;t run the rad partially empty. Hopefully someone with direct knowledge chimes in, but that's my reasoning.