Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
If you can't find the dipstick and don't know how whether or not it has oil in it, just drain the oil to be sure, and then fill it.

Then you'll know its got oil and that its fresh.

Also change the filter too I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That's not supposed to be there is it?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Use a pair of chain vice grips on that filter.

https://www.kmstools.com/vise-grip-locking-chain-pliers.html

These MFs.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

two_beer_bishes posted:

Holy poo poo that looks medieval

I use a pair of them bitches to get stuck hydraulic filters off poo poo.

They work if you got the room.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iirc from watching poo poo like horsepower tv etc Al back in the day, try to get the engine at tdc on the compression stroke on cylinder #1 mark the distributor pisition with a sharpie, remove the cap and note the position of the rotor which should be pointed at cylinder #1. Prime that poo poo, till your gauge says you've got some pressure, put the distributor back in making sure the rotor is pointed at #1 again. It might take a couple tries to get the gear teeth in the right spot. Then secure the distributor once you line up the marks you made with the sharpie.

From there you should be close enough that you can start it and adjust things with a timing light.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I don't remember,but is the block filled with water? If it's empty I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Its weird that you mention the notes your uncle had said "don't do burnouts in 1st gear" or something like that.

Anyone with more brains RE drag racing automatics know why that would be? Is that just for warming up the tires before you make a run?
Does that mean you can't do a pass starting in first, since presumably you'd be spinning the poo poo out of the tires for that too?