Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The 440 is the best sounding V8 ever made. Please post a burnout video once you get it running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's probably stop leak which is loving bonkers to put in a drat racecar.

I'd check every cooling passage you can and make sure there's nothing sticking to the walls, I had a Miata that was ruined by a PO putting shitloads of stop leak in it.

[e] check all the hoses too and replace any of them that are caked

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wow dude good job, sounds amazing I'm super jealous lol

Can't wait to see the burnout videos :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

two_beer_bishes posted:

I'm looking at some exhaust options from TTI (2.5in vs 3in and X vs H pipe, leaning towards 3in H-pipe but I need to make sure it'll fit with all the modifications this car has) but I don't know that I'll make a move on that this year. In the meantime, I'd like to run the engine long enough to get it up to temp but I can't do that in it's current state. Since I have two mufflers already, is there any reason why I couldn't just connect them directly to the headers?

Yeah you can do that no problem as long as they fit, and usually guys put little dumps on the end of the mufflers to point it towards the ground, I don't know if that's better for sound or fumes or both.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cactus Ghost posted:

presumably to get some of that sweet sweet boomer money that makes anything pre 1975 dumb expensive

If it was a matching numbers, completely stock and unrestored 440 or Hemi car it would be, but as a race (drag) car it's not going to be worth anything near that.