Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I shall take that as a compliment; Constant Comment rules! :coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Metaline posted:

I shall take that as a compliment; Constant Comment rules! :coffee:

Perfection Mint? Bigelow, you sold the bag.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

All my tea is basic except I have one really nice peach tea that my boss sent me from China.

Literally A Person posted:

Bags, you must post us the picture so that we may see, yes?

Decided to have a cuppa today because it’s cold and raining.

Fancy sliding box

Big chunks of tea ‘n peach

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Pyramidal satchel ftw

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Decided to have a cuppa today because it’s cold and raining.

Fancy sliding box

Big chunks of tea ‘n peach

drat bro thats some fancy looking tea

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Let's see your teacups!

I like using my boyfriend's dead grandma's china. Also featuring the Sleepytime tin that I've been very good about only keeping actual Sleepytime in.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

verbena is my evening dippin tea

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Top shelf (actually full of non-top shelf green teas):
• Lemongrass
• Ginger Lemon
• Green Tea (Noname brand)
• Twinings™ roots and shoots
• Green Tea (Noname brand) because I forgot I already had a box.
• Unlabeled bag of supposedly green tea
• Peppermint Herbal and Mint (both temporarily classified as green tea)
• Matcha (the rarest of green teas, so only a small can)
• greenfieldtea.co.uk
• A bulk box of Costco tea meant for break rooms

Bottom Shelf - black teas:
• Tea India Assam Black Tea
• Red Rose
• Dublin Morning Tea
• Lipton™ roots and shoots
• Earl Gr(a)y
• Orange Pekoe Bold, the fancy kind
• "Red Tea"
• Vanilla
• Decaf
• Herbal
• greenfieldtea.co.uk

I'd post boxes but they've all been made unphotohygenic with the access ports cut into the front with an xacto knife for easy access...

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

post a picture of your butchered tea boxes you coward

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Saucer Hovers posted:

This but if you don't I'll totally loving FLIP OUT

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

Pyramidal satchel ftw

that's sachet, you commoner

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Buce posted:

that's sachet, you commoner

DAMNIT

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
A tea drawer is OK but do you know about the piss drawer?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The Saucer Hovers posted:

If you look closely you can see the baby tea bags of different species shifting around their tea box houses, waiting for their parents to bring them more tea leaves in their pouches.
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/pqsUzAZ.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lol youre a loving monster

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

why do you like stale tea

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I can see how it can become a problem in more humid climates with moldy teabags, requiring like a tea humidor. But in hella dry climates open air preservation seems to make it last forever, like old honey from a mummy's tomb, even if it sometimes requires throwing in an additional bag for taste.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nyan Bread posted:

If you look closely you can see the baby tea bags of different species shifting around their tea box houses, waiting for their parents to bring them more tea leaves in their pouches.
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/pqsUzAZ.jpg

:mods:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No one drinks the Tazo but I'm too lazy to toss it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

My wife will occasionally buy fruit flavored teas or caramel tea or some other dumb poo poo and she’ll drink one cup and the teabags will sit in the cupboard for a year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Szyznyk posted:

My wife will occasionally buy fruit flavored teas or caramel tea or some other dumb poo poo and she’ll drink one cup and the teabags will sit in the cupboard for a year.

Yeah, I dunno why fruit teas are ever sold. poo poo sucks and is always inferior to floral/ginger.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Enfys posted:

why do you like stale tea

Does a flimsy cardboard box really do anything to keep unsealed tea bags fresh? The poo poo isn't airtight in the least.

I feel like if your tea bags aren't in the individual sealed packets or a tin with a tight lid, it probably doesn't matter and the only solution is use it in a reasonable amount of time.

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
My teas ^^^ Twinings (several), Chinese Oolong and Jasmine, Japanese Sencha and Ujinotsuyu, Vietnamese Gohyah (foogwa bittermelon). I enjoy drinking all types of tea and never with milk, except for spiced chai tea..

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really like Twinings' Oolong. It has a spicy flavor I don't get in any of my loose leaf oolongs.

btw, there's a GWS Tea thread. It doesn't get much regular traffic but there's good stuff in it.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 20, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Is this also the appropriate thread to post your Pee Drawer pictures like when you get too drunk and in the middle of the night while sleep walking you pee in a drawer and don't figure it out for a little while

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

What's that yellow tin, my dad had one of those in our kitchen cabinet for honestly my entire life, i'd be shocked if it wasn't still there getting refilled with who knows what. I don't remember if I ever saw a brand name on it.

I've just been buying these gigantic bags of some random pakistani loose black tea from the little shop attached to the indian restaurant here for a while. it's probably not very good quality but it's tasty to me. got one of those japanese countertop boiler dispensers. i call it the tea engine.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can confirm that a temperature setting kettle is a nice thing to have: no more checking with a thermometer and adding cold water because I don't want to burn some delicate white tea.

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
^ the yellow tin is traditional jasmine tea, a very popular semi-fermented green tea with dried jasmine flowers. In real Chinese restaurants they bring you out a pot to drink with meals and you pour it yourself into small ceramic cups without handles. The waiters come around often to top up your pot with boiling water as required.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Inzombiac posted:

God my wife does the same thing. Will be going somewhere or out and about and she'll see like orange tea or strawberry tea or some shouldn't be like oh this will taste delicious. Drink one cup of it and then it just sits there forever never being drank. All that fruit tea if it's not actual fruit like it's nasty and no.

I got some pretty cool coffee cherries that I've been using to steep tea with that I got in Costa rica. Super good it's like a smooth black tea very very good stuff

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

By popular demand posted:

I can confirm that a temperature setting kettle is a nice thing to have: no more checking with a thermometer and adding cold water because I don't want to burn some delicate white tea.
I would hope this is default by now for white. Should be for green but even people who aren't tea heads want some green and who doesn't like the taste of grass clippings if you accidentally scorch your green?

If you're making white or green tea without a temperature set kettle and it isn't because you are doing a tea ceremony or have no electricity, you've made some mistakes.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
I have an old box of Lipton suntea bags and a bottle of Great Value instant coffee. Not worth the effort of a pic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cryomancer posted:

I have an old box of Lipton suntea bags and a bottle of Great Value instant coffee. Not worth the effort of a pic.

gET this damned peasent out of our fine tea hall:bahgawd:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
This one's from work

Do your worst b*tch

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Apple cinnamon abomination

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's good you included your hip flask there because heavily flavored alcohol cocktails is how many people survive work.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's my favorite rapper Thé Pain.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I got an Ember smart mug for free and it's pretty decent. I can nurse a single cup of tea for like 6 hours, so having it stay hot for the first 90 minutes makes me more likely to finish it!

The app has temp and timer settings:

and it was promo from a software company so I covered their logo with a vinyl sticker:

I wouldn't pay for one, but I'm glad I have it!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh my. do want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Fancy tea has landed. Giving it a test drive tonight.