Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Re: dog poop in yard

get one of those post hole diggers, dig out a hole, throw the poop in it and refill the hole

poop gone and you get random patches of really healthy grass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Aramis posted:

Bidets have the major drawback that there is just no going back. I suspect it has more to do with a general freshness coming from the water than anything else, but the classic western toilet experience just subjectively feels like it leaves you unclean once you've used a bidet regularly for a while, no matter how perfectly the séance goes.

I feel as fresh as a summer’s eve

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
who cares if theres a little poo poo on your rear end in a top hat just get up and get back to work please

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I was a kid my parents had me pick up the dog poop with a folding shovel with a broken off handle so basically just a small shovel head with a place to grab onto it.

I don't recommend that.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Aramis posted:

Bidets have the major drawback that there is just no going back. I suspect it has more to do with a general freshness coming from the water than anything else, but the classic western toilet experience just subjectively feels like it leaves you unclean once you've used a bidet regularly for a while, no matter how perfectly the séance goes.

this is true

sanguinary
Nov 2, 2005

Aramis posted:

I just spent all vacation missing my bidet. It's such a game changer.

Also speaking of bathroom recommendations, I got a squatty potty years ago and between it and adding psyllium fiber to my diet, my life has gotten better in every way. It doesn't work for everyone, but if you have issues making GBS threads, get a bathroom stool - lifting your knees above your hips just seems to make things flow smoother.

If you've got a large washroom, you can get any kind of stool, but if your bathroom is tiny like mine, the squatty potty is perfect since it takes next to no real estate by wrapping around the toilet. There's lots of off-brand ones, but I got the brand name 7 or so years ago and it's been worth every penny.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
i’ve been squatting on the toilet seat for years. only fell in once. fast, efficient BMs every time

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sentient Data posted:

Liquid skin/bandage, it's exactly what it says on the tin. You literally brush some on a cut or scrape and in a matter of seconds you have a flexible waterproof bandage that even works great on knuckles. I don't even bother with using a normal bandage any more unless it's something problematic enough that gauze should be involved
:ssh:
Vetbond Tissue Adhesive by 3M quickly bonds tissues together for veterinary procedures. On contact with body tissue, Vetbond adhesive changes from liquid to solid state by polymerizing within seconds to seal a wound. Contains a blue dye allowing it to be easily seen where applied. Tissue adhesive stops minor bleeding and binds wound edges, which may eliminate the need for suturing or bandaging in some cases. Vetbond also serves as a barrier against foreign material from entering the wound. The adhesive sloughs off as healing occurs.

- Each 3 ml bottle contains approximately 150 drops.
- Vetbond adheres wound edges together so natural healing can occur
- Seals wounds with seconds
- Recommended for dew claws, docking tails, minor lacerations and surgical procedures.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

George H.W. oval office posted:

I tried $13 deodorant and my god it is the best thing I've put under my arms and it annoys me a whole lot because I don't want to spend that much to have non stinky pits. It's hard to explain the difference between it and regular deodorant other than the regular stuff develops a weird smell after a bit as it absorbs into your skin\sweat vs the expensive one. The expensive one had a much more fresh and neutral armpit smell even after a while
they seem to last longer too

mawarannahr fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 15, 2023

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aramis posted:

You can buy portable, battery powered bidets. Still not as good as the at home experience but better than using thin dry toilet paper

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

bradzilla posted:

You can buy portable, battery powered bidets. Still not as good as the at home experience but better than using thin dry toilet paper

Do you keep this portable bidet in your pocket, sir? Or perhaps you carry it around in a lockable briefcase?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Do you keep this portable bidet in your pocket, sir? Or perhaps you carry it around in a lockable briefcase?

When I was into watching backpacking videos a year or so ago I saw that they have a bidet attachment for water bottles.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Some brands come with a bidet attachment already

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
Huh. Can I just lump the input into any bucket of water? Do they not need water pressure?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frogz posted:

Nah, it worked so well the person in question needed a bigger one and threw the old one away.

Like a hermit crab. It's beautiful, really.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I wonder if there's a way to turn one of those backpack super soakers from my childhood into a bidet

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I wonder if there's a way to turn one of those backpack super soakers from my childhood into a bidet

Probably more suited to turn into an enema device. (For your own enemas or a friend's.)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Probably more suited to turn into an enema device.

The only difference is nozzle placement

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I was into watching backpacking videos a year or so ago I saw that they have a bidet attachment for water bottles.

So I have one of these and it’s actually not too bad

CuloClean Portable Bidet for Toilet, Travel, or Camping. Compatible with every Bottle. Discreet, Ecological, Mini, Elderly, Sprayer, Bio, Personal, Handheld, Backcountry Bidet (CuloClean, 1pcs Black) https://a.co/d/iiCYqQi

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Brother Tadger posted:

Discreet, Ecological, Mini, Elderly, Sprayer, Bio, Personal, Handheld, Backcountry Bidet

Mods, please do the needful

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Brother Tadger posted:

So I have one of these and it’s actually not too bad

CuloClean Portable Bidet for Toilet, Travel, or Camping. Compatible with every Bottle. Discreet, Ecological, Mini, Elderly, Sprayer, Bio, Personal, Handheld, Backcountry Bidet (CuloClean, 1pcs Black) https://a.co/d/iiCYqQi

I use one of these for backpacking because you’re not supposed to leave toilet paper behind in a lot of wilderness areas. It works very well and I could see using it for travel if you’re living Bidet Life already. Personally it led me to purchase a wildly expensive Toto washlet that has been worth every penny so far

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I have the Tushy Travel. It’s a little awkward to use but it works well enough. No batteries you just fill and squeeze.

https://hellotushy.com/products/tushy-travel-bidet?variant=13788561702954

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I just poo poo in the sink if there’s no bidet available

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

BigBadSteve posted:

Probably more suited to turn into an enema device. (For your own enemas or a friend's.)

I have a friend who used a bidet for the first time while on vacation in Europe. He then went to a restaurant, where he ended up needing to do a little fart. He then found out that he had sprayed about a shot glass amount of water up his butthole, which came back out all over his pants.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Incredibly life enhancing objects: Accidental Enema

naem
May 29, 2011

so fresh and so clean (clean)

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Snowy posted:

I have a friend who used a bidet for the first time while on vacation in Europe. He then went to a restaurant, where he ended up needing to do a little fart. He then found out that he had sprayed about a shot glass amount of water up his butthole, which came back out all over his pants.

Your friend has a loose rear end in a top hat

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Your friend has a loose rear end in a top hat

I don’t know for sure but it held a decent amount of water while he went to a restaurant

Or do you actually know him

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Life enhancing objects: eneloop rechargeable batteries

The eneloops last as long as duracells ime so why would i ever buy duracells again

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just keep in mind 1.2v vs 1.5v each can add up pretty quickly if it's something like a flashlight or nose maker like a bike horn; for something where power can really matter especially for safety stuff make sure you compare how rechargeables act vs normal ones

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Just keep in mind 1.2v vs 1.5v each can add up pretty quickly if it's something like a flashlight or nose maker like a bike horn; for something where power can really matter especially for safety stuff make sure you compare how rechargeables act vs normal ones

This. I used to do a lot of photography in the early 2000s, and my flash ran on like 6 or 8 AAs. Because it chewed through batteries so fast I started looking for rechargeables, and discovered it would not even function with 1.2v batteries. I did manage to find 1.5v rechargeables, and they worked just fine. Searching online relatively recently I was able to locate some 1.5v rechargeables, I think, but they were difficult to find. Even what look like minor differences can make different batteries behave very differently.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
They do have 1.5V rechargeable AAs which are small lithium cells with a buck converter circuit board embedded inside, but they are expensive.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I piss into my own rear end in a top hat when i shower

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mr.Acula posted:

I piss into my own rear end in a top hat when i shower

It's an honor to meet you Mr. Johnson, big fan of your work

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

~Coxy posted:

They do have 1.5V rechargeable AAs which are small lithium cells with a buck converter circuit board embedded inside, but they are expensive.

also since those are internally regulated the device you put them in will just show the batteries as 100% charged until they suddenly die

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

What are you people even using batteries for these days? I think the only things I own that use them are things like tv remotes or a wireless keyboard, both of which last for years. Not trying to be lovely, I'm legit curious.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Roundup Ready posted:

What are you people even using batteries for these days? I think the only things I own that use them are things like tv remotes or a wireless keyboard, both of which last for years. Not trying to be lovely, I'm legit curious.

Xbox controllers lol

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Roundup Ready posted:

Ah, so you're a Hitachi fan

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Roundup Ready posted:

I've got 2 young kids with approximately 1 million toys that take double As, and I'm constantly being told things have run out of battery

I have never bought as many batteries regularly in my life as I do now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Roundup Ready posted:

2x mice, 2x controllers, TV and blu ray remotes, I have a couple battery operated smoke detectors, there's more too lol I buy things that use batteries if I think the object will outlast a built in battery pack