Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just got a pixel 7. For some reason I'm having a bitch of a time with some of the gestures and typing. Letters/buttons near the edge of my screen protector are really hard to push, and I find myself frustratedly swiping up or right to try to get out of apps or comment trees in FB/Insta. It's driving me crazy, any tips to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Try Settings -> Display -> Screen Protector Mode?

Oh, you are a gem. Thank you.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just switched over to a Samsung Note10 after my second Pixel 7 got locked (used purchase and "last guy didn't pay their bill" or something IDK). They threw in a free case but it's one of those ones with the little pop-out ring on the back, and I think it's preventing my wireless charger from working. Is this gonna happen with any case or just the ones with the metal doohickey on them? I don't really want to have to take my phone out of its case every time I want to charge it. Thanks!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Is there a way for me to quickly check if a used phone I bought is locked out? What does that even mean, anyway? I've bought phones from this kiosk in the mall over the past few months and I've just had poo poo luck, the last two have gone to 'no service'/'emergency calls only'... when I brought them back to the kiosk the guys there explained it had something to do with "the previous owner didn't pay a bill" or something but why the gently caress does that mean I get shafted and locked out of my phone? They've replaced them for free both times but it's a pain in the rear end...

And now the latest one I got from them, a totally different brand, is giving me one bar when connected to wifi, no service otherwise. I'm loving pissed, if I have to replace my phone a third time in the past four months what the gently caress. What is going on and can I check this status myself without having to go back?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
OK, I appreciate that, but what I'm asking is if there's a way for me to check at home that this phone is hosed like my last two. I'm taking it back to the place either way but I'd like to be able to walk up and say "this definitely happened again, I checked it myself and you're going to make it right" instead of standing there waiting for them to run some utility app.

And for the record, I went to this place (and reserved my judgment and chocked up the bad experiences to my own bad luck) because like three of my friends shared glowing recommendations when I asked earlier this year. Caveat emptor or whatever, I'll be more cautious in the future but what I want to know is how to check this thing out myself and not have to hear their non-explanation of why I got a third lemon. Thank you though.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm having a bitch of a time trying to reinstall and log into the Eventbrite Organizer app on this Samsung Note10 that replaced my Pixel.

Context: I work security for friends'events and use the Organizer app to check people in. Previously I logged in using the actual event organizers Eventbrite account so I could see the guest list and check people in using their QR code tickets.

When I got this new phone I accidentally deleted the Play Store app, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore since I'm not on a Google device. This has caused a host of problems downloading certain apps.

I found a workaround to actually DOWNLOAD the Organizer app - some sketchy third-party app called Aptoide. So now I have the Eventbrite Organizer app, but for some reason it's not letting anyone log in using a manual email address. The error prompt literally says "unexpected error. That was weird. Try again".

Any ideas? This is kind of embarrassing.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
So I finally got around to backing up/factory resetting my Galaxy Note 10 so I could fix that issue with Google Play services, but now I'm having an issue with Google's two-step verification. It keeps saying it's sending the verification notification but I'm not seeing anything. 'Try another way' leads me into this roundabout loop where it takes me back to the failing two-step verification. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Edit: nvm, I guess it just didn't want to push the notification until the setup and downloads were all done. Works now.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 27, 2024

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
My Galaxy Note10 is acting up. The screen isn't registering some touch input, namely trying to unlock the phone. Sometimes the fingerprint icon appears on a black screen, sometimes the screen stays black entirely or the clock is visible in the corner, somewhat bizarre behaviour like hanging on a blurry home screen. It's sort of slowing down on button input too.

Is it dying? Is there anything I can do short of another factory reset to fix this? I turned off finger print recognition and accidental touch protection, it's still behaving weirdly. I'll try cleaning out the memory, it could be cluttered?

EDIT: It appears to be getting worse. Double-tapping the screen wakes it but there's no swipe option. Perfect timing, I just started chatting with a really nice girl on a dating app. :(

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Question 1: When did you last do a factory reset?
Question 2: Did that last factory reset fix these issues, if you were having them then?
Question 3: If you reset or have the phone replaced or whatever, can you not just continue the conversation on the dating app, or text/WhatsApp each other until you get a replacement?

I reset the phone a few months ago on this thread's recommendation for a separate issue. It only started behaving this way today.