Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ice Cream Sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Work is phasing out paying people's bills and thus are giving me a work phone. I use Dex quite a bit and shame on Google for not apeing that on the pixel line. So I'm wondering if the S24 battery is worth a gently caress and lo and behold I come back to the thread and it's immediately battery discussion.

Our senile former boss demanded the ultra for a new manager, and that person in fact wanted an iPhone. So I may wind up with their ultra, which kinda sucks it's nearly a year old. Come a long way from my old job where we finally were given bottom of the line J8s that were talk and text only.

I almost picked the pixel just to get away from Samsung's wretched keyboard which is the only option for work apps. But I just can't do without Dex. It's nice having a 32" USB C monitor with built in hub that instantly turns my phone into a desktop while charging.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How much you wanna bet battery swelling is causing this effect on my wife's S22

I cant seem to feel the back lifting off yet but I dunno what else it would be.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Worst part is she's only about 2/3 through her tab and still owes over $400. I contacted Samsung but I'm sure the repair cost is gonna be half that maybe just to wind up with the same lovely battery life. I almost got the same phone myself only I was talked out of it here due to said issue. My S23 is a lot better but starting to go down the drain lately but that might be able to be remedied by a factory reset.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Are there any other phones that offer functionality similar to Samsung's Dex? That every USB C device doesn't have that baked in now is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I got a S23U for work, the regular 23 being my personal, still not sure how I feel. The screen is so much nicer, and it does feel better to use the big fucker, but at the same time you really feel that heft and footprint. Both phones have incurred more scratches than I've ever experienced, not sure what they did with that generation.