Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Can anyone advise me on what usb-c cable to buy please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I do hope 14 drops today. I've been swiping away the ota beta downgrade for ages now

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well something is happening as its no longer offering me the downgrade to 13 when I check for updates

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

FunOne posted:

IDGAF about his peers' opinions.

OK but I suspect they might

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ShoogaSlim posted:

is "habits" the name of the app or..? i can't find anything with just that name in the store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.isoron.uhabits

I use it too, is good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That's just an old TV problem, the back light puts out more and more blue as the LED degrades

Your phone camera is just more sensitive to it than your eyes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Spikes32 posted:

Is there a way to get my cell connection to turn off if it connects to a specific wifi, and to turn back on when it disconnects? On a pixel 3a

Macrodroid could probably do that

Tasker too obviously but it would be massive overkill

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You could get an otterbox and a selfie stick and use your phone as a mace

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aware posted:

It'll work just don't expect it to work for long, have much battery life or feel good to use in any way. Also that's locked to a provider.

Patiently explaining to my mugger that no, this is unlikely to get security updates for the next three years

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Since the forum hasn't been moderated in a while

It's almost like it doesn't really need it :thunk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Top modding, great job :thumbsup:

Next time just post instead of a petty sixer, we're all supposedly adults here

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I feel like an old person trying to program a vcr every time I have to use the work ipad

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Unless you need to switch to a different card theres no need to open the wallet app to pay

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't put much thought into it and no scratches

Do you live in a sand pit?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You can pin share targets by long holding them on regular android

Not quite what you want but should help

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The December update has just appeared on my pixel 8 in the UK, unprompted too

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ShoogaSlim posted:

edit: just forget it. loving lol. if you wanna dig through my post history and recap all the poo poo that's gone wrong with my pixel phones over the years and claim im gimmick posting that's on you. some people live in the real world where we don't put huge ugly chunky cases on our phones, and where we don't immediately return a device with a few scratches or even cracks on it. jesus christ.

:ok:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Are you actually seeing it reboot?

I've definitely had to enter my pin in the last few days as if I'd restarted but my uptime is over 300 hours

So yeah it could just be the interface crashing

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I've just turned it on to try and no it doesn't ask

You giving your phone to other people unlocked regularly or something? I can't think of a reason I'd want it locked down like that

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Fwiw telegram works the same way

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

bull3964 posted:

If that's the way those apps are behaving, I would have questions.

If they are using some sort of older biometric API that only fingerprint sensors work with, that means they haven't maintained that bit of code since before 2019 when the Pixel 4 / 4 XL was introduced.

Android devs not targeting newer APIs till it get forced on them is nothing new

If it works well enough why change it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

other people posted:

google photos is great until you want to get your photos out of it.

Huh?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'd probs just turn them off then 🤷

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

spincube posted:

Per the text in your screenshot, it only turns off the tiles from being displayed at the very top of the Photos view: it still generates and stuffs the same tiles in amongst your photos anyway. Crudely edited for privacy:

I'd not even noticed them in the main photo feed till you pointed them out

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'd suggest the correct portrait orientation is whatever way round ends up with the front camera on top

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

bull3964 posted:

Circle to search has been rolled out to my Pixel 8 Pro.

All the feature drop stuff is in app updates this time round

So if anyone's not got it check for any app updates

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

With passkeys slowly becoming a thing is there much point in investing in physical security keys now?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bright Bart posted:

I mean it in the most intuitive way. Does carrying around legal briefs in a Jansport backpack feel serious? Does breaking news to a patient while wearing either a bright orange Swatch or a diamond encrusted Movado? A Miata or a Humvee feel like a serious car?

You can say to the above any of 'Yes', 'Who cares?', or 'Phones are nothing like these examples'. That's why I say it's my subjective feeling and I don't think anyone else should have it because I don't even want to feel this way.

I know right?

lol

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am constantly amazed what insane takes goons will share completely unprompted

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ShoogaSlim posted:

fyi that is MOST people. that's why "green text bad" is anything anyone ever says or cares about.

You're assuming America is the whole world again, I know you've just had the world final of football but please try not to

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If y'all keep bringing up how lovely it is over there we're gonna keep pointing out how dumb it is sorry

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You can select text from the recent apps screen, and it is a useful way of getting around non selectable text in apps etc

So on a pixel you'd swipe up then long press

Guess you don't get that on a samsung

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Qmass posted:

on my default as gently caress pixel7, with the search bar on the homescreen, I used to be able to tap the microphone and say poo poo like 'remind me at time thing' and it would do it without having to use assistant or anything that I can't be hosed with.

they just disabled that and now it opens a google search

wtf?

I never actually used the microphone button but you realise you were using assistant by doing that right?

A diagonal swipe up from the bottom corners will do the same thing

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It's always been on for me so didn't even realise it was a toggle, but it's in gesture settings

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't think it would be such an issue if said poster didn't make every reply an essay

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

but why

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bright Bart posted:

Hahaha. Well, pack it in. Because my settings menu looks nothing like that. S21 running definitely Android 14.

That's because that's not a screenshot of the setting menu, that's the app info screen

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

We regret to inform you Gemini is now a paedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Only with approved music streaming services, it's terrible

Sonos can get in the bin