Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Looked into it a bit since I like the idea of a small powerful phone with a big battery but only two years of OS updates seems really poor, when google is about to move to 5 and even other manufacturers are offering double that.

Yeah this has put me off, on paper the Zenphone looks great (it even has a headphone jack!) but I keep my phones for a while, two years of OS updates is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone know when the offer on the watch/headphones end or is it a permanent offer?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The NFC reader on the P8P is absurd, felt like it took payment when I was just loosely waving my phone in the general direction of the card reader. Going to have to watch that if someone is paying in proximity.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

hark posted:

finally actually ordered an 8 pro. delivery date is the 20th. excited to finally get my hands on this drat thing. 6pro trade in value was only 130 😭 so I might just keep it as a backup.

anyone have the pixel watch 2 yet and have any reviews? I have the first one and was thinking of switching.

I have a pw 1 and pw 2, pw 2 is much snappier and can last beyond a day with always on display. Outside of that any new features are pretty limited.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

smoobles posted:

Google canceled a good app (Podcasts) and created a bad app (Gemini). It is as it always is. Sunrise, sunset.

Googles cancellation of Podcasts and it's half baked implementation into YT Music is baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

If I wanna use this new revamped find my device network ie. Google air tags, what should I buy? Ideally for my wallet, keys, suitcase, etc. I noticed that my Sony wireless XM5s auto enrolled which is neat.

The blog post about it recommends:

https://chipolo.net/en-us/products/category/chipolo-point

and

https://pebblebee.com/pages/google-find-my-device