Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm having kind of a weird issue.

I went to change my phone's wallpaper for the first time in literally years - it's always just transfered over with the Samsung transfer tool.

However, the image is noticeably more dim/dull when set as the wallpaper compared to when I'm in the wallpaper settings picking which to use.

It does come across in screenshots:

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Resdfru posted:

Is dark mode on? Search settings for dim wallpaper when dark mode is on and turn it off and see if that helps

Looks like that was it!

A setting that I had no idea existed, and actually wasn't under Dark Mode Settings, but rather under Wallpaper settings. :v:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Looking for an app suggestion, although what I'm looking for might not be available, or at least practical in a phone format.

I'm currently being trained as a lead inspector, and one of the things we have to do is draw up a floorplan of the building to notate the layout of rooms, and to label the locations within each room where samples are taken.

Apparently most people do this on paper, but I suck at freehand drawing and my handwriting is terrible.

Ideally I'd like some way to do this on my phone (a Galaxy S23 Ultra, so I have an S-Pen).

It doesn't need to be incredibly detailed, just the ability to neatly draw rooms and add marks/symbols for doors, windows, and stairs.

If it isn't possible/practical on a phone, I suppose I could do a messy drawing on paper and the final version on my computer.

I just don't want to do what this other guy did and scan a janky piece of notebook paper into the final report, which is a legal document attached to the property deed.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Security isn't a concern AFAIK because the floorplans aren't required to include any identifiable information (address, owner name, etc). They're basically just used as a key to correlate sample sites with the lab results.

The actual report will of course be identifiable, but the floorplans won't.