Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I haven't dealt with SD cards and android in ages, so I'm just going to ask: should I be using adoptable storage or portable storage?

I want to be able to throw big cheap sd cards into the kids fire tablets for road trips and load them up with both downloaded shows from Netflix and free floating .mkv files in VLC.

I tried adoptable storage and the problem that I'm running into when trying this out is that when I'm trying to figure out where the hell the different storages are on the device. It seems like I'm only able to see a single "internal storage", but it is the same size as the actual smaller internal storage and not the SD card? I'm able to move apps onto the SD card, which seems to free up space in internal storage but I can't figure out where the heck to put media files to get them on the SD card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

withoutclass posted:

Chromecast audio would work well too in that case, though I'm not sure they still make them.

The Chromecast Audio was discontinued more than 5 years ago.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

crepeface posted:

google assistant is such garbage

You gotta disable Sean Connery mode in the settings, friend.