Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
New thread, very cool and also a good thread title. Looking good for 2023!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I don't see the appeal of foldables at all but it appears they're not going away yet

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

so was there no September pixel update?!

I'm still on August but I was assuming it was because of the usual TMO delay.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://www.androidpolice.com/google-pixel-8-hands-on-b/

Disappointing if true. We'll see; I definitely don't feel any pull to upgrade from a P7 immediately. A big efficiency boost to improve from the P7s mediocre battery life would be the biggest draw for me.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 6, 2023

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

couldcareless posted:

I've been using AAWireless for quite awhile now.
There's the occasional quirk, but it's way more reliable lately, especially with firmware updates. Losing connection in the same areas is pretty standard, but I think this is unavoidable with any sort of wireless dongle, it's likely just some device in that area crowding out the signal

I had no idea this product existed and my Android Auto cable disconnects my phone when it feels a pebble in the road or a slight breeze, so thank you for improving my life with this post

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

hooah posted:

Looks like T-Mobile blessed the Android 14 update. My P7 on Mint sees it now.

I see it now as well! :respek:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
good news, everyone! The Pixel 8 finally got a good review out of Ron Amedeo:

https://arstechnica.com/google/2023/10/pixel-8-pro-review-the-best-android-phone/

the only major complaint was the chip performance, which is definitely a big step behind Apple and Qualcomm. I doubt it has a significant impact on day-to-day usability though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I was momentarily excited to see this thread had 85 new replies waiting for me. It's my fault for getting my hopes up.

Google Photos Memories owns though, that's not debatable