Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

What do you guys think of capacitive vs on screen buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Efb

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how does the pixel8pro face unlock not work in the dark if it works just fine on my pixel4xl in the dark

P8/Pro uses the camera. P4XL has dedicated IR hardware

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I must be crazy because I actually really like the curved screen on my P7P. Makes using gestures a lot nicer with a case on.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

As a certified screen protector hater, I just got a tempered, curved glass one (courtesy of deong) for my Pixel 7 Pro and I actually really like it. It's the only one I've left on a device more than a day. But the reason I like is that I absolutely CANNOT tell I have a screen protector. I was all ready to poo poo talk when deong told me he'd ordered one for his P7P. I used his phone for a bit before he mentioned he'd installed the thing and I was blown away.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Isn't Bull the poster who's gone through like 100 different phones? What a weird post

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Green hubble vs blue bubble is stupid (although some iPhone users take it very seriously), but the video quality issue is real and extremely annoying.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I like the memories because I like seeing photos I took of my dog who passed

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol at anyone who unironically talks about green text vs blue text bullshit

While I agree, it's definitely a thing that some people genuinely care about.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, apple very much wants it's user base to think "green bubble bad" and it's worked pretty drat well

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Lol imagine being upset about this. Goons really are something else

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

idk if it's about anger, I think Slim said it was more about feeling punctuation made things too serious and that doesn't seem like they're upset so much as keeping things light

He's not the one I'm laughing at

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

a crime ridden warzone

This is why it's so difficult to find photos of tourist visiting NYC

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The only way to opt out of being tracked is is in your imagination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

TBH, I'm glad I no longer "care" about phone news. Just gimme every other Pixel and let me waste my time on some other stupid thing