Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DaveSauce posted:

Two questions:

1) Is there a recommended way to remote desktop in to an android device? This would be within the same network, not over the internet. GUI is important here, command line won't do it

I think Rustdesk supports Android in full now so you don't have to use TeamViewer, dunno how performant it is though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Puddin posted:

Wow, AUD pricing has the 8 at $1199 and pro at $1699. With google credit as a bonus, no buds or watch.

Guess I am looking elsewhere now.

Woof yeah guess I'll stick with the 6a

Speaking of, 14 update is available to it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Assistant regularly fails to play what I tell it to on Spotify and almost every AI chat bot regularly gets math questions wrong, I have zero hope for assistant/bard lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hooah posted:

Is the battery usage just... not showing which apps used battery anymore with Android 14?

Seems fine here, unless you meant something else

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Huh, well that's.. Not helpful

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Avian Pneumonia posted:

i'm really just interested in knowing what is the most functional phone (new or used) that i can get for $50 or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGiIDyCtyqg

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

You know I think I saw a flying pig this morning

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

smoobles posted:

It's not just the Pixel Tablet; all matter is mostly empty space.

Especially my head

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I really should buy one of those wireless adapters, the auto cable thing is a real pita lol

ShoogaSlim posted:

i hate dealing with customer service for devices. it's always a poo poo process. and the phone does what i need it to do in 90% of situations.

and i'm a lazy prick

my dude you said yourself it has trouble charging at all, that's not "it's fine most of the time" just get it done before it gets worse and you complain more

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ShoogaSlim posted:

edit: just forget it. loving lol. if you wanna dig through my post history and recap all the poo poo that's gone wrong with my pixel phones over the years and claim im gimmick posting that's on you. some people live in the real world where we don't put huge ugly chunky cases on our phones, and where we don't immediately return a device with a few scratches or even cracks on it. jesus christ.

you said you have trouble charging the loving thing that's not returning it for a minor scratch you loving clown

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The only time I can even imagine caring is when my stepmum sends a video of the dogs and it gets compressed to a 3gp MMS file

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

My friends are on iPhone but we all used WhatsApp then switched to Signal and everyone here uses one of the two.

This seems like an American problem where they absolutely love texts? For some reason?

In Australia it's all SMS and FB Messenger, I think

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Capisano posted:

I got this one off Amazon and it works well, half the price of the Motorola one.

Ended up getting this (well, an identical one from another brand that Amazon had locally, you know how it is) and it works an absolute treat, thank you

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

USB Settings somewhere in uh, settings, should let you change it from MTP to mass storage unless Samsung are being super poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah as long as you're on the"Files" tab it should be the same

Alternatively you can use Solid Explorer and connect Drive there

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

yeah anything in Photos is silo'd away like that no matter what, for very Google reasons I guess

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

>green text bad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I used SwiftKey in the past, but on my Pixel Gboard seems at least as good, if not better.

I remember wondering why Swype kept getting worse and worse and then discovered it had been abandoned like 2 years previously.

They got bought by someone right? Was it Dragon?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

what's the deaaaaaAaaL with green text?!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

codo27 posted:

How much you wanna bet battery swelling is causing this effect on my wife's S22

I cant seem to feel the back lifting off yet but I dunno what else it would be.

Get that out of your house asap

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ai poo poo is bad, phone telling you about new features is good, perhaps the truth lies in the middle............

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So for a while people were posting with riffs on "you imbecile. You loving moron." Is this the origin of that?

it sure is

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

butt dickus posted:

it doesn't matter because it's always the same deranged thing where people go "i need to carry all my media with me at all times on my always-connected device even though it's more than i could reasonably consume in a fortnight." they justify it by coming up with ridiculous scenarios the same way gun owners dream of being a "good guy with a gun." it's not actually harmful in this case so just let them suffer through their sub-par phone to satisfy whatever digital hoarding problems they have

What the gently caress

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They just said they don't want to do that man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Google support's answer to Assistant not doing anything but web results for whatever you asked (turn on the TV just searches for that, for instance) on wearOS 2 was to ask for more info then 18 months later just say "oh yeah it's not supported anymore ticket closed status WON'T FIX" lol