Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Pixel 2 still going strong with LineageOS. Rooting isn't necessary but it's so easy on Pixel phones that I did it for AdAway and to fix that weird issue where the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter doesn't operate at full volume. Better Battery Stats says I'm at around 80% of maximum from the last time I did a battery replacement a couple years ago. If Fairphone is still doing well after this battery wears out I'll probably give one of those a shot, although I'm noticing the USB-C dropping connection when I'm using headphones so that might be the part that wears out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Grumpwagon posted:

Not to stop you if you want to try something new, but replacing USB ports is generally a pretty easy repair with parts from eBay or iFixit and instructions from YouTube

I hate the process of disassembling electronics that are glued together, which is why I paid to have uBreakiFix do the battery replacement when my first one was worn out. That way it's someone's else's problem if something goes wrong with the heat gun or spudger; in my case they footed the bill when the glue for the first reassembly didn't cure right.

Being able to do my own maintenance is another reason why the Fairphone looks appealing to me. My current device still feels great to me so even if it doesn't have current flagship specs I probably won't notice, as long as it has a camera that's just as good as this one. From what I understand most of the magic with photos is done with the Google camera app, so as long as I'm using that it should be more or less fine, yeah?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

isndl posted:

The Google Assistant At-A-Glance widget on my home screen has crashed and now it's a giant pink box telling me to use ADB to pull the log. How do I restart this thing without rebooting my entire phone?

Mine keeps doing this too, I think an update or something broke it since searching for the error shows a bunch of other people having the same problem in the last couple weeks. Rebooting fixes it for a little bit but the error comes back within an hour. Are there any alternatives for a similar basic weather + calendar widget?