Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is there no way to keep 120hz on while using battery saving mode? S23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Anyone tried OneUI 6.0 yet? Any reason to hold off on installing it?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Aware posted:

Sadly appears delayed for everything except the S23

I updated to 6.0

The default font changed. The quick access panel is a bit different. The clock font on the lock screen is bolder.

And my battery life is worse than ever. That's about it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Anyone updated to the latest Samsung version yet? Can you disable the AI poo poo completely?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Being *told* about new features is not a problem, obviously. Not being able to remove or permanently disable those features is a problem. I don't want to accidentally activate a bunch more more data grabbing features than absolutely necessary.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Resdfru posted:

Settings > advanced features > artifical intelligence > process data only on device

Seems that setting is hidden inside the AI feature set itself? Which requires you to sign in to a samsung account (Which no one should ever do btw. They upload from your phone absolutely everything you do, all apps, all call logs and sms, all data, and sell it all)

Anyway, seems like I don't have to worry about any of that junk then, as it's tied into their lovely data-scraping-and-selling account system.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 5, 2024

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, there's no way in hell that Samsung is uploading and monetizing all your SMS and haven't been sued into oblivion. I'm not a fan of ab lot of what Samsung software does, but I'm going to have to see a real source on that.

Regardless, if you don't want to sign into a Samsung account, don't buy a Samsung phone. You need an account to get updates from the Galaxy Store from what I remember, so if you aren't logged in, a whole lot of core device services aren't going to get updated.

https://privacy.samsung.com/

Log in and see what they have collected from your phone, and what third parties have been getting access to it

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Took until today to get the report back.

Under Calls and Text.

"Your personal information does not exist"

Weird. Don't know what's going on there. They had all my calls and texts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Jiro posted:

I think I'm finally looking to move on from my Galaxy S10+, I stuck with it for so long because I was comfortable with it and I liked having the option of expandable memory and a headphone jack. The Screen has been pretty nice as well.

I've been looking at upgrading but also wanting to keep a headphone jack and expandable memory since I listen to and keep gigs and gigs worth of podcast episodes on my phone to listen to when I'm traveling out in the sticks/on a plane etc. I've heard the Sony 1 V is currently the best phone for a person that wants those two things. Anyone here had any experience with them? I know the VI is going to get revealed in like a month with a supposedly shorter but wider screen and max 2k resolution instead of the previous model's 4k. Plus I'm a schmuck with T-Mobile so I know I'll have to cough up the cash to get an unlocked phone.

Using a 3.5mm to usb converter for your headphones is no big deal