Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
Two questions:

1) Is there a recommended way to remote desktop in to an android device? This would be within the same network, not over the internet. GUI is important here, command line won't do it.

2) The above mentioned tablet is an old Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, SM-T530NU. Stuck on Android 5 I believe? I rooted it for fun way back, and then unrooted it, but now it refuses to check for updates because the system has been changed or something. Apps can update, but the OS won't. Is there an easy way to restore this back to factory? No idea what version I can get up to with it, but I'd like to be a little more current if possible, it's just that the system is just refusing to even check for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

blunt posted:

I've used scrcpy https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy before over USB with great success. It says it also supports doing it over TCP/IP but I haven't personally tried that.

This worked perfectly, thanks!

Didn't even require anything installed on the device side.