Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Android Thread:

withoutclass posted:

This is your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Magic Eraser is a tool in Google Photos fyi

It's a Google One subscription perk unless you're on a pixel 6 or up.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

"Hey Google, plan my dinner for the week, I'm planning on getting takeout on Friday."

In the background, Bard finds 6 dinners based on your dietary preferences and restrictions, breaks down the ingredients list, interfaces with the app for your local grocery store and places an order for the ingredients, checks your calendar and selects a pickup time that would work best on your schedule, puts the dinners on your calander based on prepation time and ingredient shelf life (being sure to allow plenty of time to cook/eat/and cleanup around other events), then plops the recipes into Keep for you to access at prep time. This all happens on device.

This sounds like a cool concept that will never materialize at this level of cohesion/completeness in any of our lifetimes, tbh. Even if we reach a point in the next 5-10 years that you can provide this level of input and the phone does all of these steps, I am willing to bet the results will be far from seamless. Things like unexpected ingredient substitutions from the recipe stage or the ordering stage, to fuckups with pickup/delivery times, etc. Absolutely not something I'm personally interested in alpha/beta testing, and you know that's exactly how it will be implemented.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
How close are you taking those photos? I get a similar result on my P5 if I'm like a few inches from a flat surface like that, like just at the limit of where it can focus in the center. Moving the camera back just a few inches makes a significant difference.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

i scoured every millimetre of my pixel 8 pro screen and there are no bumps, i am happy to report

Please only use a soft microfiber cloth to clean your screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Scam Likely posted:

Gave this a shot and it seems broken too. My file structure is set up as:

Pixel Fold\
---> Internal shared storage\
--------->Pictures\
----------------->Family\
----------------->Travel\
----------------->Backup\
----------------->Misc\

...with further sub folders in those. Seemed reasonable to me.

Google Gallery shows every single subfolder (100+) by default. These subfolders can't be selected or moved. I can apparently shuffle around the 20,000+ files amongst themselves though if I enjoy scrolling endlessly as each thumbnail loads. :thumbsup:

You could probably use an actual file explorer (Solid Explorer is good) if you want it to abide by your preferred file structure. Most gallery apps I've seen are tuned to blur the storage structure and just show the content.