Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

smoobles posted:

The Zenphone 10 battery life is insane... I'm at 64% after a full day of use. :stare:

How are you liking the zenfone in general? I'm about done with my Pixel 7a because of the lovely battery life and the asus phones all seem to be really good options specs-wise as potential replacements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

blunt posted:

I just sold my Pixel 7a because I found the battery life to be awful for the 3 months I had it - hitting 10% power at 3.5-4hrs screen time (on 60hz) - much worse than the 2 year old 4a5g it replaced. My replacement (a refurb'd Xperia 1iv) is seeing me comfortably get to the end of the day with 30%+ left but boy do I miss some of the pixel-exclusive stuff like call screening.

I ordered a Zenfone 10 to replace my 7a based on the recommendation from the previous page. AccuBattery is saying the 7a has been getting an estimated less than 24 hours of screen off time and I haven't been able to identify any unusual app activity that might be draining the battery in the background. My best guess is that something about the signal quality at my location (London, UK) is causing the modem to poo poo itself trying to maintain a connection. Regardless, it's not fit for purpose if I can't leave the house without worrying about it running out of battery before I get back in the evening.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

To add to the "Zenfone 10 is good" pile:

£750 in the UK so quite a bit more expensive than the cheaper Pixels, but I love this phone. Putting the fingerprint sensor onto the power button is genius (and no issues with detection like I got from the 7a's display sensor).

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

bull3964 posted:

That says estimates. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that any phone can get 16 hours of screen on time over the course of 3 days. Zenfone battery life is good, but it isn't doing those sort of numbers.

For what it's worth, the same app (AccuBattery) was estimating around 7 hours of screen on time on my Pixel 7a, with the same usage patterns (on my desk for most of the day, but heavy use when I'm on the train)

Edit: from a couple of days ago where 3h38m of screen time used up 16% battery. It's really good.

HelixFox fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 29, 2023