Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TeamViewer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sometimes on my Pixel 5a, when I'm using Chrome and searching for something, I will finish typing it out and hit the enter button, and for some reason it will execute the previous search that I performed. Anyone know what's up with this?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Any thoughts/opinions on Airalo? I'm moving from the US to Canada, and prematurely ported my US number to Google Voice. Is it worth doing Airalo for a week, or am I better off finding a prepaid SIM until I choose a Canadian provider?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Your IT department needs to fix that. I use the Intune Company Portal to install work apps in their own sandbox. And don't worry about Skype, pretty sure it's not really installed, it's just available via work. You can't remove the option of it being there, but it does no harm.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Look for an iPod Touch :v:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It's criminals who want $50 phones for burners, if that's still a thing.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

= ?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I remember once reading/hearing that Iceland is the most developed country in the world.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sometimes when I'm on a flight, and in airplane mode, I can open Google Maps and it will show my position and update as I move. But on some flights, it's stuck at my departure airport. What's up with that?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My sister, despite being an iPhone user, uses Google Chat (formerly Hangouts) for texting, both with me and with our sibling group chat.

However, that's a bridge too far for our dad, so it's just regular SMS text with him. Although I just remembered he does have Signal, but rarely uses it.

Otherwise, I have some friends and group chats on WhatsApp, a few more on Signal, and then I have regular SMS. Plus FB/IG Messenger.

I don't mind adding apps and using them for different people/purposes. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alan_Shore posted:

I don't know what "create a pin" means so I'm ignoring it.

Plate or platter?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Found out the hard way that if I'm in a call on Google Voice (on my phone), and I switch to another app, that person can't hear me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

isndl posted:

WhatsApp is popular in Europe but it doesn't encompass the rest of the world, other apps are the standard in Asia. I don't know the specifics in say, South America or Africa but I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own local flavors there.

In my experience, Central and South America like WhatsApp.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Moto X4 was my favorite for size and handfeel, my stubby thumbs could reach anywhere on the screen no problem.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I took a trip to Brazil over a year ago, and have two albums for it. Memories tried to show me "Trip to Brazil and Venezuela" - I flew over Venezuela, and took a couple of pictures from above, but never landed there.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't mean to be flippant

I see what you did there :xd:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have a credit card in my Google Wallet, and in GPay - but I don't have the physical card in my hand yet. How can I make this card available for use in Chrome?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to make it an option in Chrome's autocomplete. I had my dad send me pics of the card front and back via Signal, and entered it manually.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ShoogaSlim posted:

what alternate dimension do you live in and how do i teleport there?

Just hop aboard the rescue spaceship Lewis and Clark, when it heads to Neptune on a mission.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What's a good app for measuring with the camera? An equivalent to Measure for iOS?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What is the approximate release schedule for Pixel 9, Samsung S25, and other top-tier models?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks, it's a while off but my trusty Pixel 5a is out of warranty in August so just thinking ahead. I'll probably keep it as a spare though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My Pixel 5a is still performing wonderfully, but I can think of 3 apps that challenge it - Outlook, Teams, and by far the worst is the Tim Horton's app. Everything else though works just fine.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm Canadian (actually a dual citizen), and I'm living in Canada. There are at least two locations in walking distance of my apartment, and four I can walk to from my office.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Couldn't tell you, I'm in Calgary.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

other people posted:

why do you need an app to buy a doughnut :rolleyes:

:goonsay:

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't need an app for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction.

:goonsay:

I like being able to place my order in advance so I can walk in, grab my order, and walk out. End of transaction, no waiting in line.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ah, my bad for not Googling it just in case before my daily caffeine intake. Got me there!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Hmmm
Same.

Question for the thread: I need two phone numbers (work/personal), but don't necessarily want to carry two phones.

My Pixel 8 pro has two SIM cards, which should allow me to have two numbers.

Will that allow me to separate texts/calls from the different numbers in any way? I'm tired of having all my work texts intermingled with my personal texts but don't necessarily want to carry a second phone to fix the problem.

I'm only using my physical SIM, but I get calls and texts to my Google Voice number in the Voice app, and my mobile number uses the Phone and Messages apps.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Airalo is an app/service that provisions your eSIM with a prepaid data plan.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

WattsvilleBlues posted:

eSIM heh, too rich for my blood but thanks for the suggestion.

What phone do you have?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So for a while people were posting with riffs on "you imbecile. You loving moron." Is this the origin of that?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

owls or something posted:

Can a Chromecast with Google TV be set up and used without a smartphone? It's for a 70 year old woman that looks at technology like it's literally made of magic. Like, jingling car keys at a newborn baby levels of wonder. Maybe a Roku is simpler?

Roku is as simple as it gets. Move cursor to desired name and click.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Holy poo poo, just learning about this now too and it sounds great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hell yeah, gonna try that tonight.