Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I have a problem with a samsung tab A 10.5" declaring the charging port is moist/dirty whenever power is applied by usb-c and blaring an alarm while refusing to charge

Have cleaned out the port really well several times with contact cleaner/toothpicks, and left it in a plastic bag in a sunny spot with lots of silica gel for a few days so I'm fairly sure the port is clean and dry enough, and I have tried multiple cables and chargers out all with the same effect

looking around it seems to be a software issue with samsungs and the main fix is clearing the usb cache, but this version of Android (11 I think, it's turned off to save what battery is left) doesn't allow for that, and there's no further updates available

tried going into the recovery menu and clearing the main cache that way, still no luck

any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guillermus posted:

It happens to my Tab A7 2020 model and I use a magnetic plug. I just either reboot ir charge it turned off to avoid that issue completely.

when I charge with it powered off it shows a charging logo with a exclamation mark and a water symbol, rebooting does nothing

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

managed to bypass my problem of a moist/dirty port warning on a samsung tab A, where the normal fix is clearing the usb cache but I can't because samsung says gently caress you

going to the recovery menu and clearing the main cache then hitting reboot and quickly slapping in the charging cable before it gets more than a few seconds into booting- that will let me charge it fully and use it perfectly fine while charging but as soon as the cable comes out, it decides it's moist/dirty again

I'm guessing with this behaviour it's 50/50 whether soldering in a new port would actually make a difference and there's a lot of fiddly ribbon cables for me to gently caress up even getting there so I think it's "fixed" now

Oh and anecdotal but I'm noticing better battery life on my 7 since I got 14 on here so far

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Rap Game Goku posted:

I'm sure this is a 14 thing and not an 8 pro thing, but how do I see my notifications on the lock screen? All I get are the little icons with no information.

settings/display/lock screen

make sure the privacy stuff on notifications hasn't turned itself on again, mine did

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

google family stuff gave a whole bunch of options for locking down a phone and monitoring what's done with it for both my kids

my youngest killed several basic/cheaper phones and we found the super basic ones to just not function properly but they are currently rocking an ancient galaxy s7 in a beefy case and it's working fine for what they need

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

between the equaliser updates and the new feature that pauses your music/turns off noise cancellation if it notices you speaking, I'm really loving the pixel bud pro's even more

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

withoutclass posted:

Do you do anything special to keep them in your ear? They fall out easier than the Pixel Buds A's for me and even those fall out of my ear once in awhile at the gym.

did you try the largest size tips/do a fitment check?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

had a few issues with wired android auto disconnecting, think the usb c connector on the cable was a too long for the socket and it was acting to lever the connection out of place on mild jolts/knocks

started propping the charger end of my phone up a bit in the tray using a roll of mints so there's no tension on the cable, haven't had an issue since

probably eat those mints eventually though, only a short term fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I like samsungs hardware but the software stuff drives me mad, so an earlier comparison to apple rang true for me

I have one of my kids old samsung tablets for playing music from, and every day or so it will turn the volume right down, to protect my delicate ears from powerful headphones, even though I'm running it through a site speaker

you can guarantee it will happen right as it's getting towards the best bit of a track too

battery life is still phenomenal though, and it didn't even care that I accidentally ripped out the whole SD card assembly