Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

A foldable might replace my iPad and my Kindle. That's reason enough to keep an eye on them. Still waiting to see how they hold up over the years though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Not quite sure if this goes here, but

For about a week now all incoming calls to my mobile (Moto G9+, Android 11) immediately go to a recording, stating I'm temporarily not available and I will get a short message about this missed call. I am receiving those short messages, so at least I know somebody tried to call me.

I can however do outbound calls and mobile data is also working fine and at full speeds.

First, this is a german carrier so I don't know if and how exactly this translates to other countries.

I don't have DnD turned on, no airplane mode, I don't have any call forwarding set up (and I have reset all potential forwards via MMI code), I don't have any blocked numbers using weird wildcards, I have of course turned the device off and on again multiple times.

I tried the SIM card in another (even older phone) and curiously enough, I can receive calls there.

I reseated the SIM card multiple times, I checked the SIM card settings in Android (and soft turned the card on and off there as well).

My provider is currently in the stage of sending me default canned tech support mails for "bad reception", but since the SIM works fine in one phone and not in the other, I presume eventually they will blame it on my phone and stop caring.

I will have access to another sim card on the weekend to swap that in for testing.

So, is there any scenario where an android phone would be able to make outgoing calls and have full mobile data access but be "invisible" for incoming calls and send them to a carrier voicemail?

Anything I should be looking into on my end?

A few phones back, I had a similar problem, and fixed it with a factory reset in which I told it not to reinstall the old apps. I think it was a malfunctioning anti-spam app, but it's hard to prove. I know that I did not reinstall that app and the problem did not recur.