Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Oh sure, let's keep our ears clean with some weird goo. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, and you can't clean it out even though it makes your ears all itchy. Just loving brilliant. Real genius level stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I don't want random encounters see yellow ooze coming out of my hear holes. It will be the talk of the village!

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Oh sure, let's keep our ears clean with some weird goo. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, and you can't clean it out even though it makes your ears all itchy. Just loving brilliant. Real genius level stuff.

hey, you're right!
what's the big idea :mad:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you can actually just replace your ear wax with a nice synthetic engine oil and never worry about it again

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Buce posted:

you can actually just replace your ear wax with a nice synthetic engine oil and never worry about it again

...synthetic? ah gently caress

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you don’t get wax unless you live a sinful life

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
tastes bad too

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-0LNM7bsZc

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Tried making candles to help my family budget but they're awful

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

maybealabia posted:

Tried making candles to help my family budget but they're awful

I, too, watched Mythbusters.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

sigher posted:

I, too, watched Mythbusters.

Did you see Adam Savage's taint and rear end in a top hat that one time

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

mik posted:

tastes bad too

depends on your diet.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I used to think I had the "dry" earwax type when I was young and then shifted to the "wet" kind as an adult but I'm not quite as sure anymore.

Is dry earwax flaky and hard? Because the earwax I used to get was definitely lighter and wasn't real sticky but was still pretty soft. It had the consistency of, like, play-doh but thinner. Nowadays I get the darker sticky kind, way grosser.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

depends on your diet.

I hear if you eat a bunch of pineapples beforehand it tastes kind of sweet

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Once, years ago at work, it suddenly felt like something was crawling around in my ear. It triggered my gag reflex, and suddenly a popcorn-kernel sized ball of hard earwax popped out of my ear. It was pretty hosed up, op. Never had any earwax problems or related hearing loss before or since, so I don't know what the gently caress happened.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I actually just got some debrox and one of those ear irrigation things cause the doctor told me my left ear is blocked up

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Just use a candle, idiot!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s very satisfying to scoop it out with the round end of a bobby pin, op

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
moar liek wallhax.

hallwack.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

git apologist posted:

it’s very satisfying to scoop it out with the round end of a bobby pin, op

I have used a pin before, but that bobby pin must feel great

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Every 2 years or so I get my ears blasted with water to clean them out. It's an intensely satisfying feeling.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

Every 2 years or so I get my ears blasted with water to clean them out. It's an intensely satisfying feeling.

How much did they charge you? I got a pressure washer and need money

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Q-tip and...

Actually, this thread feels like a trap for non hypochondriac non Americans.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

mik posted:

tastes bad too

Our former Prime Minister should know.

:australia:

Kevin Rudd eating ear wax during Question Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipvdBnU8F8

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

you don’t get wax unless you live a sinful life

stop masturbating or keep having fountains of earwax :ohdear:

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

bossy lady posted:

I have to do this and it is the most bizarre feeling, like someone is tickling the inside of your skull. The ENT doc uses a tiny vacuum. I get super hearing for a while afterwards until the brain adjusts.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I used to think I had the "dry" earwax type when I was young and then shifted to the "wet" kind as an adult but I'm not quite as sure anymore.

Is dry earwax flaky and hard? Because the earwax I used to get was definitely lighter and wasn't real sticky but was still pretty soft. It had the consistency of, like, play-doh but thinner. Nowadays I get the darker sticky kind, way grosser.

It's the same stuff but it's aged

Joking aside, it's probably based on how much oil your skin is secreting just generally, which can be influenced by local climate esp. humidity, and also your personal hydration, etc.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

bossy lady posted:

Does anyone know how to get this done in the UK,,,

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

alexandriao posted:

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/earwax/ear-cleaning

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's actually a pretty fun Jackbox game OP.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

bossy lady posted:

Yeah I had to go to the doctor for this a few years ago because one of my ears got kinda clogged up. It's pretty nice and now I kinda want them to do it every time.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

alexandriao posted:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

How much did they charge you? I got a pressure washer and need money

you two should get together

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we’re meant to harvest the wax to craft our daily candle, allowing toil for the lord’s glory to continue past the gloaming hour

god hath bestowed us this most holy gift of the the grindset, yet many squander it, “work life balance” tis the devil’s whisper and god’s gift sours and congeals within the canals of any who would listen, until so thick His holy voice no longer penetrates

Epic Mount
Jun 18, 2007
My earwax is flakey all of sudden. Am I dying?

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
One time in college ear wax had completely blocked up my right ear canal and instead of doing anything about it I just let myself be deaf in one ear for the whole summer

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

bossy lady posted:

Yes yes yes. It's like a spa day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Epic Mount posted:

My earwax is flakey all of sudden. Am I dying?

Yes. I will tell your wife you love her

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

get an ear syringe. they spray water sideways so it doesn't blast you right in the ear drum. my doc recommended to use after those ear-dissolving drops.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I don't want my ear dissolved

e: once when I was younger a doctor vacuumed out all my earwax and it was incredible. what might he have used? can I buy one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I don't want my ear dissolved

e: once when I was younger a doctor vacuumed out all my earwax and it was incredible. what might he have used? can I buy one?

that seems like the kind of thing they wouldn't let a civilian get their hands on, but idk