Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Buce posted:

that seems like the kind of thing they wouldn't let a civilian get their hands on, but idk

Are you not familiar with AliExpress?

Portabler Electric Ear Cleaner Product Vacuum Ear Wax Earwax Removal Soft Safety Head Ear Care Tool Health Care for Adults Kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Stayed in Flagstaff, AZ in 2005 when my sister got her masters at NAU. I went swimming at the hotel pool and instantly lost all hearing in my right ear. I tried irrigating and flushing it to no avail, and I was worried it was something serious. Went three whole days without any sound in my right ear, which was disorienting.

When I got home, I flushed it again and a nearly gum-ball sized clump of earwax fell out and I could hear again. I chalk it up to the change in altitude and environment.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Oh, and you can't clean it out even though it makes your ears all itchy. Just loving brilliant. Real genius level stuff.
Says who, the Earwax Police?? :mad:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

You Are A Elf posted:

Stayed in Flagstaff, AZ in 2005 when my sister got her masters at NAU. I went swimming at the hotel pool and instantly lost all hearing in my right ear. I tried irrigating and flushing it to no avail, and I was worried it was something serious. Went three whole days without any sound in my right ear, which was disorienting.

When I got home, I flushed it again and a nearly gum-ball sized clump of earwax fell out and I could hear again. I chalk it up to the change in altitude and environment.

gross.
lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ah, of course

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i got ear problems (mostly deaf in my left) and i get way more earwax than the average person, like i'll be going about my day and i can feel crumbs of it fall out of my ear

you know what helps is if you plug your nose and try to blow air out your nose really hard, it diverts to your ears and dislodges any blockage. if all the air is going out one ear and not the other, plug that ear with your shoulders to divert the air to the other blocked ear. i do this twice a day and it helps a ton

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

bossy lady posted:

you two should get together

Just the two of us, we can make it if we try!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Junk posted:

i got ear problems (mostly deaf in my left) and i get way more earwax than the average person, like i'll be going about my day and i can feel crumbs of it fall out of my ear

you know what helps is if you plug your nose and try to blow air out your nose really hard, it diverts to your ears and dislodges any blockage. if all the air is going out one ear and not the other, plug that ear with your shoulders to divert the air to the other blocked ear. i do this twice a day and it helps a ton

Sounds like a load of hot air

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I used to clean out my ears with an hair grip just going in there and hooking that poo poo right out. You have to be careful though because its very easy to give yourself an ear infection doing this.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

how do you expect us to jerk off to this if there's no earwax on them

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Hello Machine posted:

One time in college ear wax had completely blocked up my right ear canal and instead of doing anything about it I just let myself be deaf in one ear for the whole summer

I think about this sometimes, like, what did humans do before we had water jets to clean out our ears? Was it just normal that by the time you turned 30 you would probably be mostly deaf in at least one ear?? The human body is horrible and I want a refund.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Winkle-Daddy posted:

stop masturbating or keep having fountains of earwax :ohdear:

Ear wax actually makes great lube so

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

happened to me once too, its weird as hell but kind of fascinating to just stare at the giant chunk of wax and feel the relief as well

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Junk posted:

how do you expect us to jerk off to this if there's no earwax on them

Earwhacks

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Deer wax

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The problem with Q-tips is that you can inadvertently push the earwax back into your ear canal and actually cause it to plug up. From unpleasant experiences in Urgent Care I learned my lesson and almost never use them anymore, and am very careful on the occasions I do. It seems to run up my dad's side of the family, and apparently my left ear canal is non-euclidean or some poo poo, and more prone to blockage than my right.

Debrox is great, and an ear bulb to jet water in to rinse things out is super helpful.

And in case anyone had any doubts, ear candles are utter bullshit that do nothing and should be banned from sale.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I bought this ear douche thing on Amazon.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
I battle with these bitches (I call my ears my bitches) every day for this stupid wax bullshit they pull

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

And in case anyone had any doubts, ear candles are utter bullshit that do nothing and should be banned from sale.

Nuh uh, sometimes they burn the poo poo out of people and/or set their hair on fire. That's something.

They are for sale at my workplace, I kinda want to say something but I don't think it's worth the effort. Stocked next to the other placebos.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

happened to me once too, its weird as hell but kind of fascinating to just stare at the giant chunk of wax and feel the relief as well

how come people tell gross stories like that on this site? No one would blink an eye if you guys said it happened to your friend or cousin.
Massive trust going on

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how come people tell gross stories like that on this site? No one would blink an eye if you guys said it happened to your friend or cousin.
Massive trust going on

There was a goon some years back that posted about an earwax encrusted cockroach that was removed from his ear.

Someone with archives could find it.

I remember the pics. It was quite disgusting.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Love this thread. I fashion an ear instrument out of a paper clip (think curette) to remove ear wax and scratch my ear every day. At 55 years old ear wax and itching is extreme. Anyone want to see said instrument?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Piggy Smalls posted:

Love this thread. I fashion an ear instrument out of a paper clip (think curette) to remove ear wax and scratch my ear every day. At 55 years old ear wax and itching is extreme. Anyone want to see said instrument?

sure, I'll bite. Let's see it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Q-Tips are all like "Hell nah brah, don't use us in ears!"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

When I go swimming my ears freak out and up wax production to 💯. After my second irrigation at the doctor in 4 months the doctor just told me to get one of those snot sucker rubber bulb things you use to suck up baby snot.... take a hot shower and fill a cup with 100f water and suck it up and squirt it into your warm ear with the rubber bulb. It does a good job of washing it out and electricity/doctor visit isn't necessary.

It also feels weird but rather nice and it's crazy how well you can hear for a bit of you dislodge a chunk. God getting old is gross.

Doctor also told me to ignore the qtip thing saying don't put them in your ears and just make sure you don't pop out your ear drum my god your an adult man wendigee how did you not know this

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 17, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

When I go swimming my ears freak out and up wax production to 💯. After my second irrigation at the doctor in 4 months the doctor just told me to get one of those snot sucker rubber bulb things you use to suck up baby snot.... take a hot shower and fill a cup with 100f water and suck it up and squirt it into your warm ear with the rubber bulb. It does a good job of washing it out and electricity/doctor visit isn't necessary.

It also feels weird but rather nice and it's crazy how well you can hear for a bit of you dislodge a chunk. God getting old is gross.

Doctor also told me to ignore the qtip thing saying don't put them in your ears and just make sure you don't pop out your ear drum my god your an adult man wendigee how did you not know this

seriously!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I pity the nurse that had to flush out my ear twice in one summer with a snot bulb at the doctor's office 10 years ago lol. Poor thing.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I pity the nurse that had to flush out my ear twice in one summer with a snot bulb at the doctor's office 10 years ago lol. Poor thing.

gross!
lol!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Oh.. your upset that I'm telling a gross story about myself? Sorry for humanizing myself in face to bloodshed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

Oh.. your upset that I'm telling a gross story about myself? Sorry for humanizing myself in face to bloodshed.

Im not upset about it. gross things are funny. you should tell more gross stories

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

aniviron posted:

Nuh uh, sometimes they burn the poo poo out of people and/or set their hair on fire. That's something.

They are for sale at my workplace, I kinda want to say something but I don't think it's worth the effort. Stocked next to the other placebos.

The placebo "alternative" medicine aisle at Walgreens is really shameful. Thank you capitalism and crusty mom Facebook groups

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

The placebo "alternative" medicine aisle at Walgreens is really shameful. Thank you capitalism and crusty mom Facebook groups

that poo poo is gross in a non-funny way

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Millions of years of organisms developed with hearing, dying by opportunistic infections through the recepticals gifted to them for the sense of sound. Countless more evolutions happened to stop said infections, thus giving us guard of said infection.

Average gbs poster: durrrrr i hate it

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Hmmm ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

makes sense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md8uNCYX_Nc

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

bossy lady posted:

Every 2 years or so I get my ears blasted with water to clean them out. It's an intensely satisfying feeling.

Same. I apparently have tiny air canals so they tend to clog every few years anyway, regardless of preventive care.

Last month I also caught a bad infection and I lost all sense of direction and I could feel the pressure build by the minute. After two hours waiting in urgent care the doctor said the infection was severe and flushing would be incredibly painful, asking if I wanted to get the heavy-duty drops and penicillin and come back the next day. I insisted that she flush them then and there, and it hurt like all hell, but the relief from the pressure gradually decreasing was absolute heaven.

At one point she noticed I was obviously wincing really bad and said if "I know this hurts, we can stop for now", to which I loudly replied "DON'T STOP, HURT ME!"

So yeah, the local former Pizza Hut/Clinic is probably considered a front for sadomasochists among those in the waiting room who almost certainly heard.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Junk posted:

my traps are too big to block my ear with my shoulder :(

Also, if I plug my nose and blow, air also comes out of my tear ducts.

I don't know wtf is going on with me.

For the first time ever, I had an ear that hurt. pour some peroxide in there (scared as poo poo cause I couldn't remember if that was safe or whatever) and it helped a bit. i did it multiple times, and realized I had probably like microscopic tears in my outer ear, cause it burned like a bitch when i got it emptied

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

my traps are too big to block my ear with my shoulder :(

I would really like to see a picture of that.
Just loving seems impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
One time, I woke up and apparently, the blockage of ear wax that had been hexing me for several weeks decided to just up and dribble out the side of my head hole while i was sleeping. Woke up to ear wax all over my pillow. poo poo was gross but also kind of awesome

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 17, 2023