Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The problem with Q-tips is that you can inadvertently push the earwax back into your ear canal and actually cause it to plug up. From unpleasant experiences in Urgent Care I learned my lesson and almost never use them anymore, and am very careful on the occasions I do. It seems to run up my dad's side of the family, and apparently my left ear canal is non-euclidean or some poo poo, and more prone to blockage than my right.

Debrox is great, and an ear bulb to jet water in to rinse things out is super helpful.

And in case anyone had any doubts, ear candles are utter bullshit that do nothing and should be banned from sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LOL, I've had providers at urgent care use fuckoff huge syringes and just lean into it trying to get the plug out of an ear. Felt like they were in there poking around in there with an ice pick, and they got physically tired from how many times it took for the goddamn wax to finally get free.