Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

qirex posted:

New thread timed nicely with an updated version of Stereophile’s Recommended Components list, it comes complete with tier lists which for some reason audio nerds loving love.

quote:

not provided is an incoming AC cord, though the AC Nexus's distributor will bundle it with a 6' EinKlein David cord for a total of $28,000

eight thousand dollars for a six foot cord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

Looking it up, seems like it does alter the speed, and just assumes everything is A440. You can't expect something fancy for a mere $7500

incredible

also, lmao at "auditioning" music

also also from their website:

quote:

• 2 TB full SSD storage on spring suspension system, with SATA noise filtering and SATA protocol tweaking for lower EMI.

ah, yes, isolate your solid state storage from ambient vibrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

well you have to be responsible with such high-end equipment, if you put some actual good poo poo through there you might die of sonic ecstasy or something

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

having a big ol hollow cavity below your turntable? sounds like a source of... resonant... kinetic... distortion

now, for seventeen thousand dollars, I can sell you a beautiful walnut box filled with harmonic insulation (packing foam, some bubble wrap) to provide a proper base for your turntable

the matching one for the amp also costs seventeen thousand dollars

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I presume "seamless" means how the speakers are integrated, i.e. nearly managed instead of cables just flying out willy nilly

which is like, the minimum I'd expect of such a bed. it's like saying you have stereo headphones, I sure hope they're stereo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wait there are absolutely audiophile people who insist Mono Sound Is The True Path, right

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

depends; are the speakers valuable (2-10k a piece) or lovely ($1,999 or less)? if they're lovely, just throw them away. gently caress em. garbage. maybe use them as doorstops or something. if they're valuable, throw the computer and its monitors away; you're not gonna waste them with compressed digital audio, are you?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The soundstage is dire, I reroute the wires
And slam down some jazz with my MPAGULA

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

balance between... channels? sounds like someone hasn't been monopilled

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Think about all the veils that will be lifted when you clean all your SACDs with this audiophile microfiber cloth:

gently polishing my American Psycho BD with the anti-static cloth so that nothing interferes with the audiovisual display of Christian Bale's greatest performance before placing it into a bespoke bluray player hand-assembled by technoshamans in Utah, actuating the play button through a long coil of wire leading to the ten thousand dollar control console by my couch (IR signals could distort the display and the leftover radiation can cause all kinds of problems), and smirking silently in the dark at Bateman's bitch-tier AV system

I'd kill a coworker and a bunch of prostitutes if I had to use a Walkman, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

he was just trying to enhance his soundstage