Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I always wonder if these schmucks have opinions on concert halls, and instrument makers, and musicians, but then I remember that they don't generally give a poo poo about the music itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

well why not posted:

The last thread has a baller post about this. Basically, the “audiophile genre” seems to be smooth vocal jazz with a female vocalist. It’s about chasing the “classy” image of having a woman entertain you. The other post was better written.
Spending six figures on a stereo to play Anita Baker.

Mederlock posted:

I've just got a reasonable setup for around $1000 all in
I don't think you get to be the target of this thread till you have spent that on a duplex outlet cover with magic JO crystals in it or whatever.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 25, 2023

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Also, what is your power chain like? Do you have the correct outlet covers with the perfectly aligned crystalline structure?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I know that for most of these guys they may as well be listening to test tones, but I kept thinking "for all that money and effort, you could have seen all the world's best orchestras in all the best concert halls, and instead you got is a divorce and estranged children."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

F4rt5 posted:

Yeah like Technicolor are cable modems, and Polaroid is used for… whatever poo poo small electronics too. It’s sad.
Pfft, Polaroid is the leading brand of electronics purchased by grandmothers at non-chain drug stores. I will not stand idly by while you besmirch their name.