Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

Dick Bass posted:

My wife is upset that I bought another audio system for the bedroom and is threatening to move out. Any advice?

Have you tried charging her crystals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
A seven thousand five hundred dollar black box to make everything sound like T Pain.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
CIA locked up A432 in Guantanamo without a trial and the American people act like this is totally normal.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
I demo gear running the original 1993 MP3 of Tom's Diner as performed by the incomparable and Grammy Award-winning Suzanne Vega.

MP3, by design, simplifies sound into its truest self, distilling sound waves into their purest and most basic (i.e.desirable) form. Two samples per second of a cymbal is all one needs to hear the true clarity of a stick smashing a metal dish.

To wit, mono is far superior to stereo. Stereo does not exist in nature other than a mammal belching and farting simultaneously. Even then, one must be positioned in the "golden triangle" between the oral and anal cavities to experience a true "stereo" field. This is also why we use "airy" to describe a sound stage.

If it's good enough for Karlheinz Brandenburg, then it's good enough for me.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

well why not posted:

I read the Rollins article about his stereo and he shouts out the Gee Tee album, which is cool, but also an intentionally hissy, buzzy mess of a mix.

You'll really feel the clarity of those pops and clicks on $10k gear. The buzz from the guitar amp sings on my Thorens and adds a 3rd, or even 4th dimension to the recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

DarkSol posted:

I always get weird looks when I bring my SNES and a copy of Mario Paint to the hifi store. :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb2jDNZ5JuQ

This is inspired. I will 100% use the Wii Shop music to demo gear from now on.