Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm sorry but I can't read this thread until page 20. It needs to be burnt in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is anyone having issues with embeds sounding somewhat indistinct and lacking "shine"? Is there a way we could get Astral to install an SOTM SNH-10G audiophile-grade ethernet switch in the Something Awful Forums server room?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've gotten better results from this thread by using a power cleaner on my wireless router. Try that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also seriously goldmine the last thread. I have read like the entire thing twice because audiophiles ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stereophile is amateur poo poo compared to The Absolute Sound

(from their list of best music NAS/servers of 2023)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best thing about that NAS is that the reviewer says the pitch adjustment sounds like poo poo but recommends the product anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A432 is one of the best audiophile snake oil holes, lyndon larouche was a big proponent so you know it's good poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
at some point i think every audio magazine realized that they were getting old and switched from using "Gaucho" or some smooth jazz record for testing, to namedropping "Random Access Memories", "Silent Shout" or the TRON Legacy soundtrack in an attempt to look cool

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 26, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

qirex posted:

I also would buy it, in a "challenge accepted" kind of way. Also while finding the following image I learned that Bassotronics is still releasing music, at least as of a year ago

I played this and got Havana Syndrome. Strong 7

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wayne Knight posted:

CAUTION!
DSD CANNONS!

Telarc Digital owned. They had a reputation as being the digital label even the anti-digital audiophiles kind of liked. This was the really early days of digitally recorded LPs where some labels didn't really know what they were doing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Discussion Quorum posted:

I'm partial to

Audiophile Snake Oil: they disagreed and were not impressed by my candor

lol definitely this one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wasn't Pioneer DJ's stuff pretty well-regarded? More than their general electronics stuff these days, anyway, even if you were kind of paying for a brand name on an OEM Technics-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"this tweak is so amazing that your wife will finally understand" is my favorite audiophile sales technique