Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

the only tone knob that you're allowed to touch in this thread is the one that charges your crystals

Honest question. As someone who doesn’t know poo poo about audio equipment besides basic consumer connections and what a volume knob does (I don’t even know how to use an equalizer), what do tone knobs do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

trilobite terror posted:

I love it when ppl post nonsense accusatory word salad and then peace tf out when asked to substantiate

like, there’s a fuckton of criticisms that you could make about schiit and about their fans, community, design choices, philosophy, etc, but “alibaba product” definitely isn’t one of them

personally my problem is that i keep watching this drat show about their creek and there's no audio talk in it at all. why sponsor a show if you're not even gonna promote your products? why is it all this gay poo poo instead?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tater_salad posted:

what's gay about the show? I haven't watched a whole lot of it but I'm pretty sure there isn't any homosexual relationships going on.

oh god i was trying to make a joke but the question mark is a link to an article discussing dan levy's character's gay relationship on the show and there's some other stuff with bi/pansexuality as well. it's very gay.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I was curious what "Stein Music harmonizers and magic stones" were which turned up this pile of related horseshit: https://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0411/steinmusic_h2_harmonizers_magic_stones.htm

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Palladium posted:

Japanese brands are next to extinct in home audio outside of a few headphones for a long while now. I don't recall seeing even one plain jane bluetooth SBC speaker made by them.

Hitachi makes a very popular analog moan generator, if you’re into that kind of thing.