Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Why are they capitalising AMP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Palladium posted:

https://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.com/2022/10/aiyima-a08-pro.html

Amazing how this guy can go "this cheapo Chinese Class-D chip amp is just-as-good or better than my megabuck tubes" without also going "maybe my cable tweaks are bullshit".

Well. Just bought one of these for £100 on Amazon for my gaming PC, so thanks thread. Looks brilliant!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Arrived today. £100 on Amazon. Sounds fantastic on my gaming rig. Absolute bargain. So - you see - enjoying laughing at idiotic audiophiles wasting a fortune on crap can actually net you some cool stuff at a great price!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

GreatGreen posted:

Excuse me are those tone knobs? You do realize how many additional components each control adds to the circuitry, thereby adding unnecessary impedance load to the signal which practically destroys the delicate upper harmonics, and you have two of them?

Do people not care about anything anymore? This used to be a country.

It’s actually lacking a knob. A balance knob. Seems a strange thing not to have on an amp.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Changing my username to “German Sound Tinker”

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This is funny. For some reason Pioneer - the original, the best known, the most widely used by far digital DJ brand - has decided now is the time to rebrand itself into something that sounds like a Scientology cult.

https://twitter.com/pioneerdjglobal/status/1749704600595116282?s=46

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it’s sad to see how few of the name brand companies you could rely on are nothing more than identities now, pushing out crap with no relation to the original company. At some point someone on here will probably own Atari, given everyone else has done by this point.

In many ways that marvelous little Aiyima amp I bought from China recently on the threads recommendation is a more authentic brand than the supposed “big names”’ that are just a logo for some mega corp

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

You don’t really have the same thing in audio as you do in video - in that Sony is genuinely a brand you can trust in video because they make a vast swathe of the gear that professionals use, and have done for most of the TV mediums existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

LaserPrinter69 posted:

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/big-performance-from-a-small-theater/

This dude spent $17,000 to condition his room by, surprise surprise, buying a bunch of poo poo that makes absolutely zero difference. This price includes $2,685 on three audiophile grade HDMI cables

These people really are completely insane. Just the most gullible marks alive