Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/big-performance-from-a-small-theater/

This dude spent $17,000 to condition his room by, surprise surprise, buying a bunch of poo poo that makes absolutely zero difference. This price includes $2,685 on three audiophile grade HDMI cables

Palladium posted:

There’s a section of this track where the camera is on Clapton, but you can see drummer Steve Gadd in the background softly playing the snare with brushes. With the old HDMI cables, the sound of the brushes was barely audible; with the ThunderBird 48, the sound of brushes on snare drum was suddenly vivid, alive, and detailed. The new HDMI cables resolved a wealth of low-level detail that was simply missing with the lower-quality HDMI cables. Nathan East’s acoustic bass took on greater clarity and definition, making it easier to hear pitches, and the starts and stops of each note were clarified rather than sounding indistinct and blurred. I could cite other examples, but you get the idea. I had no clue that HDMI cables could sound—or look—so different; the picture quality improved also, with more vivid colors, more apparent dynamic range, and a greater sense of three-dimensionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU