Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

As a joke, I scotch taped some gravel to this microphone that was buzzing in the conference room and it actually stopped buzzing.

Y'all, I think were were wrong.

Thanks but I'll wait until someone on ASR posts measurements of the gravel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

fist sized capacitors

Gonna need a third one to filter out the bio-electrical noise of the human component. It will need to be relatively centrally located, but don't put it too close to your ears because that will result in over-smoothing of higher-order harmonics and rob the sound of "air"

$69,000 capacitive buttplugs is what I'm getting at here

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Yeah but if you play your A432 music through the magic box it will be ~A420 :2bong:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

stealie72 posted:

I always wonder if these schmucks have opinions on concert halls, and instrument makers, and musicians, but then I remember that they don't generally give a poo poo about the music itself.

I frequently wonder how much they know about how music is recorded. Breathlessly gushing over the accurate soundstage reproduction while the original artists were just plugged into the board and sitting wherever looked comfy. Or maybe in separate tracking rooms. Or even not in the studio together at all!

well why not posted:

The last thread has a baller post about this. Basically, the “audiophile genre” seems to be smooth vocal jazz with a female vocalist. It’s about chasing the “classy” image of having a woman entertain you. The other post was better written.

This is Steely Dan erasure

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Probably, she and Finneas (sp?) are pretty infamously literal bedroom producers

I've also read many times that most artists will just listen to the final mix on their phone and engineers will check their work on lovely car stereos. So if you want the true studio experience, buy some airpods and a 2010 Nissan Sentra lol

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I'm partial to

Audiophile Snake Oil: they disagreed and were not impressed by my candor

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"this tweak is so amazing that your wife will finally understand" is my favorite audiophile sales technique

If you scroll down the page to the Stereo Times review, it basically says "they're small so my wife didn't get mad when I put them in the family room"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

spookygonk posted:

"inky blackness"

the hell does that even mean

"My quantum-treated pearwood power switch really brought out the inky black silence when I turned it to the 'OFF' position"