Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I like the wild goose.

That's it that's my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this is absolutely accurate. you gotta get out front asap or you will never get there unless you are on a track like silence or port town 2 where most people can't drive at all. if you are not top 10 by the time you get to the actual track on mute city or death wind, you are never ever going to get into the top 10.

i play Wild Goose, and often hit the proper track in the 50s or so, and usually finish in the teens or better. The way the super boost works in this game, you are definitely able to finish in the top 10, even with a mediocre start.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

also, i got first place in a 99 race, but didn't the skin didn't unlock :(

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

xlunaire is so good, i'm not entirely convinced they are human. i think they could smoke pretty much anyone in any vehicle, and have chosen to do it in Golden Fox, so i'm not looking too hard into GF's viability based on what xlunaire does with it.

that said, i've yet to find something that works better for me than Wild Goose. I like to hang back in the 20s or teens the entire race, saving boosts for the last lap. if I use my boosts well, maintain good lines through the turns and avoid pink bumpers, i'm usually finishing top 5-ish. I usually get too greedy on Golden Fox and crash out, or I have a middling start and get locked into the main pack of racers, which GF can't get out of.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Welp just got out into a mini prix with xluniare who is playing wild goose, so I'm about to put my hypothesis to the test