Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

You definitely don't have to be perfect or plan everything out to win single races, and you can definitely still win GPs without coming in first, but there are a lot of winners who will score above 980. I won a race last night where I didn't get a single skyway and wasted some extra boost on the third lap assuming I was going to just get the skyway on the final lap and didn't. Only won one GP in the last few days and while I got two firsts the other finishes were like, 5th, 6th and 11th.

I know this response is months old but I have to echo this. Just race consistently and take advantage of others' mistakes. I once placed into a GP with four top players and ended up winning because they all crashed out by the final track (also helped that I took out one of them with the Goose). Only finished in first place once, though I was in the top 10 in the other four tracks.

Even the best players like Mengsk crash out in Mute City LOL. It also doesn't help them that usually they have a target on their back and you'll see the elite players aim to KO each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU