Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This game is astonishingly good, I'm just glad they released any new F-Zero game. How's the meta shaking out for this one, so far? In my experience the tier list is looking like Golden Fox>Wild Goose=Fire Stingray>Blue Falcon. But who knows, I'm only at B-.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

That works out to my experiences driving each car, I've settled on Golden Fox because I'm a boost addict from too many years of GX and keep blowing myself up otherwise. Golden Fox is "high risk high reward" and Wild Goose is "low risk/reward", with Fire Stingray and Blue Falcon kind of middling about. Blue Falcon is struggling really badly with Jack of All Trades Syndrome and I haven't seen a lot of people in my tier take it to success.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

super fart shooter posted:

Getting ping-ponged around makes good driving hard!

Here's a good tip on this subject: If you're ping-ponging, let go of the accelerator right away! You regain traction very quickly if you stop accelerating, this goes for taking sharp corners right as well.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I keep loving up the Grand Prix at Death Wind and still haven't unlocked Silence :smith:

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Sliding is extremely important for taking sharp turns and making quick adjustments. Good for hitting boost/jump pads, those 90 degree turns on Big Blue and Sand Ocean, the super-tight zig zag on Mute City, stuff like that.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The non-Golden Fox cars really need some buffs. It's been almost consistently Golden Foxes in the top 10 for me every time I play and every time I pick it, I do much better than when I play other cars. I don't think it should be nerfed but the other cars need their recovery upped even just a little.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This needs to be inches from the finish line to be truly accurate

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TracerBullet posted:

So I don't know if a switch has been flipped or what is going on, but it seems like for the last two days my F-Zero 99 races track options are only between Death Wind and Sand Ocean...and Death Wind never wins :( I've done Sand Ocean 5 times in a row and I'm mighty sick of it at this point. Is anyone else seeing this too or just 'bad luck' on my point.

To me it's pretty much always Mute City beats Big Blue beats Death Wind beats Sand Ocean. I have been seeing a slight uptick in SO beating DW, but if either of the two identity maps come up it's a lock for them.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Oh and Port Town almost always beats White Land in the pro tracks circuit, which is hard because I'm pretty sure those are the only two tracks you can choose in it? Maybe I'm unlucky, I still haven't gotten to Silence :smith:

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Whenever I get an early lead with Golden Fox I always end up squandering it, falling back to the middle of the pack, and end up finishing in the mid 30s or so. If I start relatively in the middle I get a super boost and can climb up to the top 10 by the end of the race.

Golden Fox is the best car in the game though, zero doubt in my mind. A really good GF is unbeatable.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

BF is the noob car. This is a good thing, because you should be using it to figure out which parts of the races you are strongest at/enjoy the most and pick the car that lets you focus on that.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Captain Lavender posted:

Trying to figure out why Mute City always wins. It's the plainest track, and is the hardest to win, because everyone's played it a million times.

That's exactly why, it's a simple track that everybody's played a bunch so everybody feels reasonably confident driving it. Compare to Sand Ocean which never ever wins because it's so complicated and therefore nobody plays it

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm just waiting for Kirby Air Ride 99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Wild Goose is for players who aren't interested in winning, but in making other players lose.