Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I still can’t believe they put Death Wind in this game. It’s a big enough clusterfuck in the single player SNES F-Zero for Christ’s sakes.

The first time it came up I hammered down on it, not expecting much because why the hell would the majority of players choose a course called "Death Wind", but apparently a lot of players just looked at the fairly harmless looking map and didn't mind the name.

I say that because during my first time on Death Wind I, nearly 1/3rd of all players managed to crash out in the chaos. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just had my first crash out, on Portland II.

Completely underestimated the track, until it launched me off the track at a nearly 90° angle. Though I didn't expect the game putting me into the race again as the NPC, let me tell you that was a bafflingly fun experience.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress, so close.

Holy hell, how are you guys this good, I'm already satisfied when I'm making the top 50

(My first GP ended with me getting booted out in round 4 of 5, while I was going "Yay! My best placement yet!" :v: )

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

How can you tell who's a bot?

I'm always telling myself that people at rank S-7 with 99 GP victories are bots, otherwise I'd get depressed with my lvl. 9, B- rear end. :v:

I like to play a little bit each morning, which apparently puts me into some weird Eastern time zone, because my races are always like 50% Japanese names. Though sometimes you get a joker with a name like "________", which can make it hard to tell.

On my free days, there's a certain time between 11-12 am local time when all those Japanese/Asian people all got to sleep, and suddenly, there's a weird spot for a couple races with only 15-30 real players, none of them Asian. Then suddenly all the other people from that new time zone wake up and races are back to normal.

Anyway, are Silence I and II part of the normal or at least pro circuit now? I tried my best to unlock them when I saw Silence as GP-track, but I never managed to survive a Grand Prix for long enough to actually reach those tracks. I probably will never see them unlocked, at this rate.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Silence I and White Land II are not part of any rotation right now the only way to get them are in the GP.

Aww, that sucks. I guess I have to take GPs and hope Silence I shows up as one of the first three tracks, because that's as far as I've gotten so far.