Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

MassRafTer posted:

Right now it seems like only the Knight League courses are in rotation, with White Land I and Portland 2 popping up in Pro Tracks. I'm hoping more GPs open up since I've completed Knight League but since GP is on a rotation I'm not sure yet. It might be set to your level, or it might be timed. I'm hoping someone else has a better idea of how the level roll out might work!

Queen and King League (and their associated maps) just aren't in the game yet, I'm pretty sure. They show up as "Coming Soon" in the leaderboards and practice mode map select, and when you look at the unlock conditions for the various paint jobs and decals there's stuff for Knight League but nothing for King/Queen League.

I love all the different paint jobs and decals you can get, there's more appearance customization than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
I love the pointlessly cool intro to Sand Ocean with the two halves of the pool jumping over each other.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

robot roll call posted:

is there a way to rotate your car on your pilot card or does it just show it at a random angle?

Yeah. I want to say it's right stick when you're customizing your card, it should be listed in the controls.

If possible I like to save the skyway for when it'll let me skip a nasty part of the track, but since you can't boost until you use it you don't always want to save it that long.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Inzombiac posted:

Did two GPs where the top player was level 44 and 46 and they both took first in each race and it wasn't even close.

People aren't hacking this already, right??

Some people are just really, really good. I was watching a guy on twitch yesterday who was a WR speedrunner for the SNES version, he already had over 100 1st place finishes (the pilot card stops counting at 99) and would just effortlessly dominate races.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
There’s also a lot of courses where using a super boost at the right moment lets you cut a corner or something and lets you jump ahead enough to be competitive with the leaders. It’s obviously better to be out in front but I’ve won races where I was in the middle of the pack for the first couple laps.