Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

i play Wild Goose, and often hit the proper track in the 50s or so, and usually finish in the teens or better. The way the super boost works in this game, you are definitely able to finish in the top 10, even with a mediocre start.

wild goose is a lot better at pushing its way through the pack

the other cars get knocked around too much from impacts, so unless they super boost, it's hard to push past where most of the rest of the racers are concentrated. the goose can just muscle through like they're not even there

it's an absolute tank. i got used to it first and now i can't bear to drive anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Youremother posted:

Oh and Port Town almost always beats White Land in the pro tracks circuit, which is hard because I'm pretty sure those are the only two tracks you can choose in it? Maybe I'm unlucky, I still haven't gotten to Silence :smith:

For me, White Land usually beats out Port Town, to my dismay.

Silence isn't in Pro Tracks, it only appears as the final track of a Grand Prix.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

shyduck posted:

Just did a GP where the same person driving Golden Fox won all 5 races and It feels suspect

There were a couple of races where they just sailed away from the start and nobody could catch them

Having started trying the other cars, I've noticed that Golden Foxes basically always take the lead at the start. That high acceleration lets it get to the boost panels before everyone else, and after that there isn't really an opportunity for the other cars to catch up until the first lap's well underway.

The Golden Fox can afford to spend pretty much its entire health bar each lap on boosting since it gets such a big refill from the repair area, so it can be a real speed demon as long as it doesn't hit anything and no one hits it.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Captain Lavender posted:

Trying to figure out why Mute City always wins. It's the plainest track, and is the hardest to win, because everyone's played it a million times.

it may be hard to win, but it's easy to survive, so all the people who're consistently in 50th-99th place prefer it over the harder tracks they probably won't make it to the end of

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
Could be timezones as well. I only get bots when I play outside of US hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
i've basically never failed to make it to Silence in the Wild Goose

of course, the downside there is that the Wild Goose is absolutely terrible at actually driving on Silence