Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Wild goose is definitely where it's at, was stubbornly trying to go fire stingray but not getting jacked around constantly is too hard to pass up.

I love the immediate turn around from 'oh poo poo I crashed out' to 'hell yes I'm a lucky bumper'

EDIT: Group/clan functionality when???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

SettingSun posted:

This game rules, but I've never played F Zero before so I kinda suck. What are some tips I can use to rank better in races? I can be solidly middle of the pack if I race conservatively.

I'd recommend the Wild Goose so that you're not getting bounced around with every contact - also learning the 'best' spot for the skyway (and delaying your super boost until then) can also be a difference maker.

The 'final' turn of Mute City I and the 180 hairpin on sand ocean are awesome areas to skip if you've got a skyway because they are always complete clusterfucks. Skipping the ice turn on Big Blue can help too.

Got my first win yesterday with a well timed final skyway and you better believe I was hooting and hollering like a madman

EDIT: Also, be super aggressive with ko attempts in the first few laps. Getting an extra long, fully juiced health bar for the last lap can be huge

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

SettingSun posted:

This game needs a 20 lap endurance mode, with the bottom 5 dropping off every lap. It also needs a death race mode, where you race until there's only one left standing, disqualified only by crashouts (with some mechanism that slowly drains your power or similar so you can't go infinite).

Apparently there were some datamined leaks that included two new modes - Arcade and 'Survival'. I'm betting survival is exactly what you're describing here.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Any ideas when there's going to be more tracks unlocked?

Late September if the leaks are to be believed

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Doctor Rope
So I don't know if a switch has been flipped or what is going on, but it seems like for the last two days my F-Zero 99 races track options are only between Death Wind and Sand Ocean...and Death Wind never wins :( I've done Sand Ocean 5 times in a row and I'm mighty sick of it at this point. Is anyone else seeing this too or just 'bad luck' on my point.