Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Silence was my favorite track in F-Zero, so this should be My Time®.

I need to get some practice in. I want to do well in a full GP before everyone gets way better than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Novasol posted:

I've placed first 3 times on Silence GP now, and nowhere else. :negative:

Yeah, I'm finding I do much better on that course than anywhere else. I have to credit that to my experience with the original game.

I hope the later cups end up in the game so I can see if my course familiarity translates to the harder courses as well.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Der-Wreck posted:

Got 1st place a couple of days ago and haven’t been able to reach that high since :argh:

The coolest paint job is hidden behind getting 1st place!! as it should be

How are you playing on a CRT? I assume there's a nice scaler or converter used.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

SettingSun posted:

This game rules, but I've never played F Zero before so I kinda suck. What are some tips I can use to rank better in races? I can be solidly middle of the pack if I race conservatively.

Biggest thing I can recommend: get your sharp turns down. Mash the gas as you turn and that'll get you a lot of the way there.