Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Solus posted:

Nice post, did you get it at the dipshit posts factory

I prefer governments opposed to endemic pederasty, which is why I support the Taliban over the quisling government our troops propped up whilst defending said pederasts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Weka posted:

Weka, obviously.
dogshit dinosaur. not even a good colour.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Weka posted:

I prefer governments opposed to endemic pederasty, which is why I support the Taliban over the quisling government our troops propped up whilst defending said pederasts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html

Our troops? This is the NEW ZEALAND election thread, that articel is about seppo issues, what the gently caress are you talking about - actually don't bother answering I don't care

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

god how much longer until this poo poo is over for another 3 years

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

this saturday is the preliminary results, and the final count will be next friday

but don't worry, luxon's gonna force another election anyway

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
if the nats lose we are absolutely gonna get claims of the election being stolen aren't we, not that we'll get the chance to see that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

nah, i expect they'll just do the same thing they did in 2017 and loudly complain that getting the most votes should entitle them to form the government even if they can't like, you know, form a government. like they're unhappy with our democratic process when it doesn't result in them winning but i think that's more fpp-brain than anything and i think they recognise how toxic accusations of stolen elections are.

also our elections are entirely hand cast and counted so they'd have to argue for moving to electronic tabulation to prevent fraud, which the voting fraud cookers (and probably everyone else) would absolutely reject because it then puts private companies into the election process.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Trompe le Monde posted:

What's the view on electoral votes, should I strategic vote Labour if I'm in an electorate where the green candidate is never gonna win (i.e. not auckland central)

Wellington Central is another possible green electorate win, definitely worth voting Tam if you live there. Rongotai is a maybe, imo its worth voting JAG if that where you live too.

Otherwise yeah vote Labour. Maybe if it's a really safe seat like Roskill you can protest vote for the green candidate (also Suveen is cool)

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

bike tory posted:

Wellington Central is another possible green electorate win, definitely worth voting Tam if you live there. Rongotai is a maybe, imo its worth voting JAG if that where you live too.

Otherwise yeah vote Labour. Maybe if it's a really safe seat like Roskill you can protest vote for the green candidate (also Suveen is cool)

I don't live in Roskill (I'm in the Mt Albert electorate), but my sister who does was just asking my advice on that and I said much of what you've just stated. It did lead me to wonder if any of the drama Michael woods has had this year might appreciably affect his margin, beyond what we might expect.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
polls

Trompe le Monde posted:

What's the view on electoral votes, should I strategic vote Labour if I'm in an electorate where the green candidate is never gonna win (i.e. not auckland central)

you should vote labour if you're in an electorate where the national candidate has any chance of winning. the only tangible benefit from voting for a green candidate who isn't chlō̂e/tam/jag is that it very very very very very slightly increases their broadcasting allocation at the next election https://elections.nz/guidance-and-rules/for-parties/about-the-broadcasting-allocation/

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Trompe le Monde posted:

I don't live in Roskill (I'm in the Mt Albert electorate), but my sister who does was just asking my advice on that and I said much of what you've just stated. It did lead me to wonder if any of the drama Michael woods has had this year might appreciably affect his margin, beyond what we might expect.

Labour need the vote in mt albert. There's a big risk of Melissa Lee coming up the middle there that I'm surprised no one is really talking about.

Everyone thinks of it as this Labour stronghold because it's always gone Labour, but the demographics have changed massively in the last 20 years. National won the party vote there in 2014 by a big margin, and were only like 100 votes less than Labour in 2011.

I think it's only gone Labour recently because it's always been the Labour PM, party leader or incumbent running, but this time Helen White is a weak candidate and the tide is very much against Labour.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
melissa lee is going to be such a bad minister lol. if you listen to her in select committee, legit every third word is "actually"

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

winster is coming

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Weka posted:

Can you hook me up with your contact at the dipshit posts factory

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

bike tory posted:

Labour need the vote in mt albert. There's a big risk of Melissa Lee coming up the middle there that I'm surprised no one is really talking about.

Everyone thinks of it as this Labour stronghold because it's always gone Labour, but the demographics have changed massively in the last 20 years. National won the party vote there in 2014 by a big margin, and were only like 100 votes less than Labour in 2011.

I think it's only gone Labour recently because it's always been the Labour PM, party leader or incumbent running, but this time Helen White is a weak candidate and the tide is very much against Labour.

Sweet, that is how I was going to play it but good to have confirmation from someone else

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

exmarx posted:

melissa lee is going to be such a bad minister lol. if you listen to her in select committee, legit every third word is "actually"

Already was a terrible minister, surely?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
no

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Up the Lux

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Up the Lux

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's a great and fitting catchphrase because he sucks

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

What about lux the skuxx has anyone done that

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Was she associate broadcasting minister?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
she was briefly a parliamentary private secretary (fake position) for ethnic communities

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Was she nationals shadow broadcasting minister after 2016 or something? She's had a broadcasting portfolio at some point

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This was loving brutal god drat

https://i.imgur.com/MWlLZCW.mp4

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

taliban ftw

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

klen dool posted:

Our troops? This is the NEW ZEALAND election thread, that articel is about seppo issues, what the gently caress are you talking about - actually don't bother answering I don't care

Oh dang nzdf forces were doing a different job in the occupation that protected this practice. That's fine then and totally not materially supporting it.

Vote Labour for a continuation of their policies of mass murder.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Weka posted:

recognize

Weka posted:

defense

Weka posted:

industrialization

amerikan spotted

Weka
May 5, 2019

I'm phone posting with whatever dictionary

Found this interesting video of James Shaw saying BDS is antisemitic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ987x0NGo

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Weka posted:

Oh dang nzdf forces were doing a different job in the occupation that protected this practice. That's fine then and totally not materially supporting it.

Vote Labour for a continuation of their policies of mass murder.

klen dool has issued a correction as of 11:53 on Oct 12, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Weka posted:

I'm phone posting with whatever dictionary

Found this interesting video of James Shaw saying BDS is antisemitic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ987x0NGo

lol this is some smooth brain poo poo alright

Interested to know who you would say is the best nazi party analogue for this particular opinion though.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Trompe le Monde posted:

Sweet, that is how I was going to play it but good to have confirmation from someone else

lol apparently Labour's internal polling has Ricardo and Helen neck and neck, maybe I'm wrong and it's worth voting Ricardo. Polling for individual electorates is not really robust, though.

Trompe le Monde
Nov 4, 2009

How is the Nat candidate polling according to that though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i don't believe it but it would be funny as hell if helen lost to a green again

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
and at the 11th hour... a classic batshit result from the roy morgan

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

exmarx posted:

and at the 11th hour... a classic batshit result from the roy morgan

The same "batshit" Roy Morgan who were the closest to the actual result last time? :allears:

That's three polls in a row now showing Labour/Greens/TPM ahead of National/ACT and Winston getting to choose the next govt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

still think it's weird that there's a political party for https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module