Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do you have any plans on covering the sequel or the "spiritual successor" Armikog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Man, I forgot how much this game enjoyed wasting the players time. I don't mean stuff like the overly long burp gag or the insect trying to eat Klayman's head, but stuff like the spiral track that needs the player to click multiple times to get to the center, then click multiple times to get out again.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

C-Euro posted:

I also always wondered what the hanging TV guy's deal was, there are a few actual characters who are referenced in this game but this guy never comes up again after you leave that house. I'm guessing it's a joke or reference to someone on the dev team?

This is what the Neverhood wiki has to say on the subject:

"The man in the T.V. (TV guy) is briefly seen hanging from the ceiling in the Aqua House. He has a large nose and glasses and says, "Hey Klaymen, say knock knock." He only says this once in the game and Klaymen cannot interact with him, but he tends to watch Klaymen as he walks across the screen."

That's it. That's the entire entry. For comparison, here's the entry for the fly trap from the second room in the game:

"Flytraps are creatures in the Neverhood that are kept as pets. They have 4 legs and, more importantly, big mouths with teeth. They are harmless, as whenever Klaymen falls into one's mouth, it spits him out. Willie and *spoiler* both own Flytraps.

Flytraps, unlike their names suggest, do not eat flies. Rather, they eat ring-food. Klaymen has to feed rings to the 2 flytraps to solve puzzles.

Flytraps may also be related to Weasels."

It wouldn't surprise me if no one has any idea what's up with that guy.

Edit: oops, spoiler name taken out.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nostalgamus posted:

The parts in this game where you need to backtrack are really bad, and I'd argue we haven't even seen the worst part yet. The Klaymobile at least has a lot of it being optional, but of course you won't know which parts are neccessary on your first playthrough.

Yeah, the klaymovile segments were the ones I was talking about when I said that the game doesn't respect the players time. Just really drawn out segments that at best give you the solutions to random puzzles, but mostly just result in dead ends with some gags.