Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mice?
wired ONLY
wireless is cool
trackballs
other (rollermouse??)
View Results

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have a logitech g602 that is showing its age and I'm thinking about replacing it soon

I originally just got it because it was low latency wireless, but I've started using all 6 side buttons for renoise so a mouse with lots of buttons is kinda essential now. the razer naga looks like what i want, though I'm used to the thumb rest so I dunno how that will go.

mice sure are expensive these days

post your mice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have a og mx master still and its good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I also have an elecom HUGE at work and it is the best trackball, period. I like switching inputs throughout the day to mitigate RSI.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i also have an intellimouse explorer 3.0 from like 2004 here as a backup and it still works as well as the day i bought it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

optical mice really are a modern marvel

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i picked up the MX Vertical a while ago on a recommendation by another yosposter and my wrist pain has decreased dramatically

i'm past my prime years as a reflex response gamer, so it's not a big deal outside of what i've lost with age

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I also have an elecom HUGE at work and it is the best trackball, period. I like switching inputs throughout the day to mitigate RSI.

i really want to like the HUGE but it's too small

the MSTE was better, and i have a kensington expert in my cubicle at work

anyway i have some older razer mice that i use for everything. diamondback 3G for personal and the white version (pro click, i think they called it. the original one, not that weird wireless ergo thing they have now) for work.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you don’t miss the satisfying feel of cleaning the mouse ball?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

op have you considered a Kensington expertmouse (tm)

despite the name, it's a trackball :smuggo:

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 17, 2023

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have a G603. Just as with high frame rate monitors, once you've used a 1000 hz mouse, you can't go back. G603 was for me the most comfortable one that was wireless with that reporting rate.

The greatest mouse of all time, though, is the G9. I still have mine and have repaired and refurbished it multiple times to keep it running. If Logitech would make a 1000 hz wireless version of that mouse I would never need anything else

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i stole a box of MS "Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A"s from an old job in 2002. i'm currently on the 2nd (of 6) so i'm good for mice for a while yet

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

The Management posted:

you don’t miss the satisfying feel of cleaning the mouse ball?

aw yeah, scraping that weird gunk off the rollers with a toothpick

i only mouse for fps gaming, and for fps gaming the logitech g pro superlight is the best mouse ever made. it will not satisfy you if you’re a many-button tungsten weight person, but if you wanna snap to some headshots it will do you no wrong

also who’s picking wired only? wireless mice are a solved problem in tyool 2023

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

well-read undead posted:

i only mouse for fps gaming, and for fps gaming the logitech g pro superlight is the best mouse ever made. it will not satisfy you if you’re a many-button tungsten weight person, but if you wanna snap to some headshots it will do you no wrong

I voted wired only

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

people who buy wireless keyboards and mice for desktop computers that never move are weird

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

you need to open your mind, wireless mice are great now, and most of them don’t even need to be turned upside down to charge

The_Franz posted:

people who buy wireless keyboards and mice for desktop computers that never move are weird

i agree on keyboards but this is the mouse thread

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The_Franz posted:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well-read undead posted:

I voted all options

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my dumb logitech wireless mouse sometimes maintains the inertial scrolling when switching windows and so my content just flies all over the place

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
g502 hero is what i got this year and it's fine. due to the unique customizations god gave my hands at the character creation screen, i can't use mmo mice so i just use this. it's nice but i've got it loaded with all the weights and theyre not enough so i want to do a stupid youtube video worthy prank and find somebody to mill me replacement weights out of tungsten

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

my bodybuilding career really took off when i started pushing heavy mice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
cyber rat dws imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
theyre real good if u have big hands or your hands hurt using the mouse (or both)

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i use a g502 hero with kailh gm 4.0 switches

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have a g402 as a backup, but it needs more buttons

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I don’t even use a gui :smug:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im using a 24 year old intellimouse optical right now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
mouse? heh, that’s cute. for the past 10 years I’ve been exclusively using my own gestures thanks to the power of Microsoft Kinect

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

well-read undead posted:

agreed with the g pro superlight it's an amazing mouse, i have clicked on many mans with it.

for work i use a mx ergo trackball.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

guess i should stock even more up on them since it seems like microsoft is stopping making them

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
have you considered a ball mouse op

is there some company out there that makes modern ball mice for retro computing enthusiasts

surely this market exists

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i got the new pro x superlight 2 and i guess it's better than my g305
its light but im use to the angled sides of the g305, probably should have got the g502 x

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hell, I might have to get a vertical mouse for gameing. I tried some mass effect 3 last night and my wrist isn't happy about it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i like my steelseries mouse, although now you have to get a gaming version of the sensei

-_-

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

g502 hero is what i got this year and it's fine. due to the unique customizations god gave my hands at the character creation screen, i can't use mmo mice so i just use this. it's nice but i've got it loaded with all the weights and theyre not enough so i want to do a stupid youtube video worthy prank and find somebody to mill me replacement weights out of tungsten

i have a g502 (don't think it's HERO though, might be an earlier revision?) and overall like it but i had to replace it once after... i think the middle-click stopped working correctly? i like it though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

have you considered a ball mouse op

is there some company out there that makes modern ball mice for retro computing enthusiasts

surely this market exists

ball mice were castrated for a good reason

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I have an optical trackball

it's very needs-suiting, op

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackball-Precision-Ergonomic-Bluetooth/dp/B0877DK2FL/

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 18, 2023

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

every wireless mouse ive had just runs out of batteries (obviously) in the middle of me trying to do something. pain in the rear end. wired or gtfo at least until they invent wireless charging mousepads

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
food $100
light bill $125
rechargeable mice i cant find the USB port on $3600
insurance $100

please help my k/d is dying

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

none of the wireless mice ive had have been rechargable. usually they take AAA batteries

also why would i have insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

actually why am i assuming youre specifically making a joke about me nevermind